I've had my special guitar for a while and I haven't upgraded it. It is a "Fernando" (some werid company I can't find out who they are) and I got it custom made in the Phillipenes. Its got a good Blues C-shaped neck but the pickups are crappy. Would it be worth it to put some Texas Specials in it or should I just hold out and save for a American Fender?
find out what kind of wood is in it. if it's quality wood, and you like the shape and feel of the axe, then by all means get it modded. i have an epi les paul that is a beautiful chunk of mahogany, and it's a well-put-together guitar, but the pickups were only decent. i recently put in some classic '57 reissues, and that guitar sounds PIMPIN now.
just look for a new guitar...and i think it's cheaper to buy a new one that has everything that upgrading your old
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Hold on... 150 dollars for some new pickups is more than a guitar with everything you'd need? We aren't talking Squiers here man.
haha good point ANGER

how can you find out what kind of wood your guitar's made from? i mean, i know you can look it up online, but he said he couldn't find anything about his guitar. is there way someone can just look at it or feel it and tell what kind of wood it is?
He got it custom made. He should know already.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by bbsbass
haha good point ANGER

how can you find out what kind of wood your guitar's made from? i mean, i know you can look it up online, but he said he couldn't find anything about his guitar. is there way someone can just look at it or feel it and tell what kind of wood it is?

Its supposed to Rosewood finished with an Amber tint
You had it made custom. Why wouldn't you upgrade it?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by Ali_Boulala
just look for a new guitar...and i think it's cheaper to buy a new one that has everything that upgrading your old

Somebody alwayse says that and its basically never true.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
It's more likely that your amp is crappy rather than your pickups, IMO.
Hi, I'm Peter
A custom guitar is going to be better than any MIA strat.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^That is the dumbest thing I ever read. It could have been made by somebody who isn't good at making guitars.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by E Daws
^That is the dumbest thing I ever read. It could have been made by somebody who isn't good at making guitars.

OK a custom guitar made by a professional luthier is going to be better than any MIA strat.

Happy?

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^There is a big difference between that statement and your origional.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by E Daws
^There is a big difference between that statement and your origional.

Well I thought that it's implied that you are going to go to a professional luthier to get a custom guitar.

When people say "custom," I don't envision them just giving a random hobo on the street a list of specs and telling the hobo to make a guitar.

Quote by utsapp89
Quote by eridani
I got it custom made in the Phillipenes

Unless you live in the phillipenes, that would steer me away from it.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Filipino girls are hot, so I'd trust it .
Quote by utsapp89
I got lost after the 3rd reply I think I'm just going to go ahead and mod it up.
Quote by bbsbass

You must lick your guitar from the botom of the body to top in one swift motion then wait for it to dry(do not lick the pups. I think its easier if you take the strings off too). Then time how long it takes for it to dry. post that time on here and we shall tell you what wood it is. (we are able to tell by your lick drying time.)
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?