Whats the difference between 2 humbuckers and 2 humbuckers with a single coil in between them, what does this provide you with.
First pic is 2 humbuckers and a single, the Second is two humbuckers
Attachments:
ibanez-jem77fp.jpg
OMEN-6-BLK2.jpg
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Better sound I would guess. Also, what does a JEM cost?
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Single coil provides more cleaner sound rather than humbucker, but most single coils are noisy and buzzes all the time. If you have HSH configuration, the 2 and 4 position are meant for coil splitting, thus eliminating the noise and provide you with beautiful cleans almost similar to a strat. However, the 3rd position may still be noisy as it is just switched to the single coil only. But dont get me wrong, middle single coil can be very very good for playing cleans. To some, the single coils may be disturbing to their picking style thus they go for a HH configuration.

On HH configuration, there are no single coils, so it tends to be louder, more aggresive (depends). It doesnt have similar sound to a strat per say, but it still can have very good cleans at position 3, which is 1 coil from the bridge and neck is splitted. Also this emulates close sound to the strat, good for cleans.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
ya i prefer DUal humbuckers the buzz of the single annoys me. and i usually use a three way toggle and just use the neck pick up for cleans and some lead work
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
ya i prefer DUal humbuckers the buzz of the single annoys me. and i usually use a three way toggle and just use the neck pick up for cleans and some lead work

Yea man same here. I feel that that works the best at least for wat I play
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join