If anyone owns one of these or have played it, could you please tell me how loud it is when it the volume is at 10? I've heard it is good for a classic rock (zeppelin, ACDC) tone when cranked, and I know it is very low wattage (5w), so was just wondering if I would be able to crank it without bothering neighbors? I'll be playing one tomorrow in a store's sound proof room, but everything sounds louder in those rooms because there is no ambient noise.
mines good, u can usually crank it to about 4 or 5 before i get complaints.

its about the same loudness as a cranked 25-30W, except it sounds good at high volumes.

its a deep and dirty sound, as companred to my fender blues jr.
i use an OD and/or dist on it tho. ur going to want some sort of pedal on it.

great value. i run mine thru a combo amp speaker.
best money i spent all year.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'll be running my eric clapton crossroads pedal into it, and probably a vox wah. I mainly just want to get a great sound for songs like crossroads and white room. Also want a pedal that will do a good blues overdrive for zeppelin sounds. I've heard that the valve junior cranked does a good emulation of early zeppelin, is that true or just BS?
Quote by gaylord
I'll be running my eric clapton crossroads pedal into it, and probably a vox wah. I mainly just want to get a great sound for songs like crossroads and white room. Also want a pedal that will do a good blues overdrive for zeppelin sounds. I've heard that the valve junior cranked does a good emulation of early zeppelin, is that true or just BS?

Sounds like a good early led zep to me, but sounds even better with a good OD.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
I played one last Saturday, it didn't impress me at all, rather weak and thin sounding, but I didn't play one for that long, and it was the combo version, and it buzzed really badly, I mean real bad.

I tried it at every volume though, it does get loud, but not loud.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The buzz was fixed in the 2006 models of the combo, and you're supposed to give them 20 minutes to warm up.
^It must have been an earlier version then, and I didn't give it that long to warm up, that probably explains then....
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Dunno, obviously they aren't anywhere near as good as real priced tube amps, but it is cheap as hell so I don't think it's much of a risk
RHCP^ like said the old combos buzzed. i got a head and its pretty quiet unless i turn on my overhead dimmer light.
its still more sensitive to outside interference, and maybe i got lucky with mine, i dont know. but its pretty quiet.

and its loud, but yes, not loud.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011