Hello UG members,

I just recently added a keyboard player to my metal band. We started working on a original song and it sounds great. But we would also like some covers, before the keyboard player came we had Fade to black and the unforgiven(metallica) perfect but now that we have a keyboard player we can get the stringed intros for those two songs.

My question too you is, can you guys tell me some songs that are in standard or in Drop-D with keyboards?

Thank you very much
-Dreo
Children of Bodom plays in standard D with keyboards in them (In their new album, they play in drop-C).
I had no idea Children Of Bodom had D songs. And I also had no idea Symphony X even played in D(and they are one of my favorite bands). Well thank you very much, If you can keep em coming.

-Dreo
Not Drop D, but Royal Hunt is a band that uses the keyboards A LOT (probably more prominent than guitars). they have a great sound also, so you may want to give them a listen, maybe it'll inspire you.
Opeth!

They usually play in standard or Drop D, and Per = Amazing Keyboardist
since you asked for standard, that opens up to like any power metak band with keyboards. Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, Edguy, etc.
Kalmah use keyboards, but I don't know what tuning their in. Soilwork and Dark Tranquillity have keyboards in their songs (as do In Flames sometimes), but they play in drop C. Dream Theater have keyboards, but they use 7-string guitars.
Yea, I vouch for Dream Theater.

Edit: <>< You almost got owned. Because I had the post ready and up, then when I posted it, you already had yours deleted.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Dream Theater, Opeth, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Dark Tranquillity, and a few Clayman-era In Flames songs.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Satyricon have a keyboadrist, not a clue what tuning they use though.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Well thank you very much. I can name a million bands with keyboard but i wanted in drop D. Thank you for recommending Opeth Wayfaerer.

thank you very much.
-Dreo
Quote by duncang
Dream Theater, Opeth, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Dark Tranquillity, and a few Clayman-era In Flames songs.

+1

Except for Dimmu Borgir. Never got into them.
Shade Empire, Children of Bodom, Borknagar, Dimmu (although I don't recommend it), Sonata Artica, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Emperor, and, although I fear to say it, Lostprophets.
Quote by DeathLegionaire
Shade Empire, Children of Bodom, Borknagar, Dimmu (although I don't recommend it), Sonata Artica, Dark Tranquillity, Opeth, Emperor, and, although I fear to say it, Lostprophets.
You recommend CoB, but not Dimmu? Screw you.
Quote by <><
You recommend CoB, but not Dimmu? Screw you.

Dimmu's only good stuff was on Entrone Darkness Triumphant. I like old CoB. By old I mean Something Wild and Hatebreeder era.
Quote by dre-0
Well thank you very much. I can name a million bands with keyboard but i wanted in drop D. Thank you for recommending Opeth Wayfaerer.

thank you very much.
-Dreo

You can't tune a keyboard to drop D

But seriously, you can always add keyboards to any song, either with chords or melody. You should hear Nirvana stuff with kickass organs (not human ones )...so nice.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
CoB and Adagio are the only two I can think of... but I don't know what Stephan plays in.
With Dimmu Borgir, if your keyboardist is absolutely amazing and can get samples, cover Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse, and if he's pretty good and you have a violin setting, Mourning Palace.
Quote by Anton Szandor LaVey
He who makes a beast of himself takes away the pain of being a man.

My Lyrics:

Silent Oblivion
Quote by DeathLegionaire
Dimmu's only good stuff was on Entrone Darkness Triumphant.
Gonna have to disagree with you there.
dark tranquillity- the best band for TASTEFUL keyboards.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights

Amen, brutha.
Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Yeah. Not even that album was any good

No, in all seriousness...they're a decent band, just highly overrated.
Quote by kirkisking
Dark Tranquility = meh *awaits flaming*

*punches kirkisking*

Its Dark Tranquillity dammit!!!
roar
Quote by kirkisking
Dark Tranquility = meh *awaits flaming*

Embryo is pretty good.

*gives Kirkisking a swift kick in the nuts*

power metal is full of keyboards, but you seem to be an old school metal guy. master of puppets (song, not the album) had some very light keyboard playing in the acoustic part midsong