anyone ever heard of the program called Fret2Fret? I heard its supposedly guaranteed to teach you the fretboard in an hour or so. I've seen part of it, and the teach it across the strings (from E to e) and not down them (open to 12). Any idea if it works or not? It's like it gives you a pattern that is always followed on the fretboard. Something like it always goes A,D,G,C,F,A#,D#,G#,C#,F#,B,E,A in that order depending where on the 6th string you start.

~timepheonix
Teach you the fretboard in an hour or so... ? I doubt it.

Nothing beats learning the fretboard on the fretboard.
Seen it and tried it - in my opinion you are better off just learning the fret board on your own. The author of the "program" (it's really just a flash presentation) made up a crazy story filled with celebrities, and if you can remember the story you can remember where the notes are. Sounds weird because it is.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
If you really want to learn the fret board, get a good scale book. I recommend the "Ultimate Scale Book" by Troy Stetina. It covers just about every scale under the sun and explains the differences between the scales. It's only $6 and you can get it on Amazon.com. As you learn the scales, pay attention to what note you are playing on the fret board itself...you'll know the board in no time at all. It'll be like killing two birds with one stone.

Link for Book
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
i found this program called fret2note, which teaches you all the notes. its a demo though so you can only use it for two minutes at time....there is like a guess the note where it gives you a string and a fret and you have to give the note, and the rest are a fretboard diagram and it shows a dot and you have to tell what the note is. its found right here.

~timepheonix
fret2fret is an utter and total scam. Completely. There's a security hole
that simply allows you to download it (no, I won't say what it is and maybe
it's been plugged by now). I took a look.

It's simply a well-known method for figuring out note names across a fret
combined with some memorization mumbo-jumbo.

It's virtually useless and it simply cannot do any of the things claimed on the
web page.

If you want a REALLY NICE fretboard method that really is a valuable way to
look at the fretboard, try the Guitar Grid download. This isn't a note memorization
method, but a way to see the fretboard and very quickly find scale degrees
(ie root, 2nd, 3rd...). It helps a lot in not getting "lost" when soloing.
Quote by edg
fret2fret is an utter and total scam. Completely. There's a security hole
that simply allows you to download it (no, I won't say what it is and maybe
it's been plugged by now). I took a look.

It's simply a well-known method for figuring out note names across a fret
combined with some memorization mumbo-jumbo.

It's virtually useless and it simply cannot do any of the things claimed on the
web page.

If you want a REALLY NICE fretboard method that really is a valuable way to
look at the fretboard, try the Guitar Grid download. This isn't a note memorization
method, but a way to see the fretboard and very quickly find scale degrees
(ie root, 2nd, 3rd...). It helps a lot in not getting "lost" when soloing.

Looking at the source code is hardly what I'd call a security hole, just sloppy coding - Which sums up his "program" too.