Page 1 of 2
ur mommy? hahaha, and why shoudl she reward you for summer school, you flunked the real thing
Doesn't he just use a strat with humbuckers?

Wait... if you're buying the neck and body... what the heck do you mean by turning your BC Rich into a River's Cuomo custom?
failure waiting to happen, Get Organized first, Building/Modding/Rebuilding takes a lot of organization, you might end up rushing it and haveing a huge waste of time and money on your hands, also a warmoth body and neck will cost over $300
im lost, when did rivers use a bc rich?
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
^ Never. I'm not sure what this dude is going for.
Rolling Stones October 8th.....hell yea
I don't get it either.

I mean, he's going to use the electronics and the machine heads in a Warmoth body/neck (or at least, that how I'm reading it) and call it a transformation, I guess? Although he doesn't say explicitly he'll use the electronics and machine heads, but I can't really work out what else he could use from his BC Rich in, essentially, a new Warmoth partscaster.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
I wouldnt even dare to put BC Rich parts into a Warmoth body. It would be a disgrace. But hey its his build.
Its funny, I don't picture someone who likes weezer to play a BC rich.
Gear:
Jackson dxmg 10
Ltd Ec 400
Line 6 HD 147
Line 6 FBV Shortboard
Marshall 1960a
Behringer V-Amp Pro
waaaaiiiit a minute i think i get it now.......

oh, wait, nevermind i read it wrong.
does mommy know how much a warmoth body and neck are going to set her back?
so he is putting bc rich parts into like a strat?
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
I think he's just gonna test out his *Napolean Dynamite voice* Building Skills*
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
^ hahahha

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
ok heres what i mean. first off, my first guitar was a BC Rich ( a bad choice ) so, im going to take all the parst of the warmoth cuomo custom such as the electronics and everything except the body and neck. so it will be like the cuom strat, but a cuom bc rich, i thought it would be interesting. my mom does know but hey, its not my money. i also try and put up a song recorded with the cuomo custom strat compared to the bc cuomo custom.

itill be so sick
So, to get this straight you're buying a guitar from Warmoth, stripping out the electronics and pups and swapping them with your BC Rich?

If so, I really wouldn't recommend this. The Warmoth would own the Rich in every way possible... and it's gonna cost upwards to a grand.
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
So your putting the B.C Rich parts in the Warmoth body, if so thats a terrible idea. I components in the BC Rich SUCK
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
No I think hes gonna put Warmoth parts in a BC Rich body.... I think we should all beat him up. LOL
Quote by WeezerRocksHard
ok heres what i mean. first off, my first guitar was a BC Rich ( a bad choice ) so, im going to take all the parst of the warmoth cuomo custom such as the electronics and everything except the body and neck. so it will be like the cuom strat, but a cuom bc rich, i thought it would be interesting. my mom does know but hey, its not my money. i also try and put up a song recorded with the cuomo custom strat compared to the bc cuomo custom.

itill be so sick

smack yourself in the face..... please.....you are going to take a badass custom guitar, take the parts out and put them in a shity guitar? seriously, finish summerschool, have mommy buy you the guitar and then do one of two things, sell the b c rich or (2) smash it

i reccomend option two (2)
Quote by The Master Plan
I think he's just gonna test out his *Napolean Dynamite voice* Building Skills*

LOL...

*ON TOPIC*

the bc rich i think of when i read this is the ****ty one made out of horible wood.....
it will not sound the same besides....*thinks to myself, ima get flamed for this* Weezer Sux
Quote by Schecter-06
LOL...

*ON TOPIC*

the bc rich i think of when i read this is the ****ty one made out of horible wood.....
it will not sound the same besides....*thinks to myself, ima get flamed for this* Weezer Sux

lemme guess, you've heard two songs by them

anyway, the kid that started this thread is one of my best friends out of UG, what he wants to do is buy all of the electronics River's had in his blue strat and put them in his BC Rich's body and leave the neck. I don't think he knows that he's going to have to route more room into the BC to have space for another tone knob and 5 way switch. I'll have to be doing all of the work for him because he doesn't know what he's doing. This is a fine idea regarding the fact that he doesn't have the money for a warmoth neck and body.
Quote by Cza
Its funny, I don't picture someone who likes weezer to play a BC rich.

I have a custom warlock and I like some rap
ya stringmagician has it right lol thanks dustin. ok, intill i finish summer school and intill my "mommy" gets me the warmoth body and neck i am going to get everything else that the cuomo strat had an put it into my bc rich. yes, i know its a bad guitar and hey, it was my first guitar and i have no intention on keeping the electronics and **** in there. lol.

as i said many of times, i thought i would be a fun little side project but all of you guys are taking it out of proportion lol. anyways......weezer doesnt suck
Y'know... It'd probably be cheaper to get a new guitar to mod than getting Warmoth parts...

Because it would be cheaper than getting Warmoth body/necks, and a much stronger sense of achievement.

Warmoth doesn't sell new guitars off the rack, if you order a complete guitar through them, you're paying through the nose for a custom job. And if you're only ordering parts, then since you have to provide everything anyway, you're just as well working from an existing base.

i think its funny how the kid thinks he knows whats good, when he clearly doesn't

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
Quote by StaggHound
Because it would be cheaper than getting Warmoth body/necks, and a much stronger sense of achievement.

Warmoth doesn't sell new guitars off the rack, if you order a complete guitar through them, you're paying through the nose for a custom job. And if you're only ordering parts, then since you have to provide everything anyway, you're just as well working from an existing base.

you don't provide the parts, you choose the material and they make the part
I think what hes doing is -

Buying the electronics cuomo uses in his strat
Puttin them into his BC Rich for now
Waiting for his mommy to purchase him warmoth body and neck to transfer the electronics into.

Nice idea, if you ask me.

Hes just buying the best of what he can for his money now, and not compromising ****ty electronics just to get the body and neck.

:thumbsup:
Quote by Johnnyboy66
I think what hes doing is -

Buying the electronics cuomo uses in his strat
Puttin them into his BC Rich for now
Waiting for his mommy to purchase him warmoth body and neck to transfer the electronics into.

Nice idea, if you ask me.

Hes just buying the best of what he can for his money now, and not compromising ****ty electronics just to get the body and neck.

:thumbsup:

FINNALY SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS lol
Well, if you knew how to explain things from the start without bringing in somebody who is your apparent translator/handler then there wouldn't have been two pages of confusion.

Also, Weezer does not rock hard.

Rivers Cuomo is a Huomosexual.
Quote by antigonish3
Well, if you knew how to explain things from the start without bringing in somebody who is your apparent translator/handler then there wouldn't have been two pages of confusion.

Also, Weezer does not rock hard.

Rivers Cuomo is a Huomosexual.

yeah dude if you knew what you were talking about we could have understood you, and rivers isn't gay, he isn't man enough to be.... in other words he cant even get a man , or a woman, so he has to do it solo like a looser hahaha

Quote by LightningRider

Quote by Will_Minus

Quote by carousel182
now we do....but yea, if i were you i wouldnt buy the body and neck from warmoth,

body:$200

Neck: $157

TOTAL: $357

***Dont forget the price to get it refinished unless you wanna do it ur self and you know how...im assuming you dont..***

Plus Shipping a 3 1/2 LB Body and the neck (no estimated wieght) would prolly be around $35-50$ depending if insurance is paid for, which you will want

FINAL WARMOTH TOTAL AT $40 SHIPPING IS : $397 (total w/out finishing costs)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUYING A MEXI STRAT TO MOD

Mexican Strat: $350

no shipping, Get it at ur local guitar center...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

add both Scenario's with your parts list/price and of course warmoth is still more expensive.

Makes more sense to mod a(n) Mexican Strat than to buy warmoth body and neck to assemble...
Mexican and american are pretty much the exact same thing, They are just assembled in different places but are still they basic Strat, glad i made sense to you in the last post of mine...go for mexican, cheaper than an american...

P.S.- The statement i made eariler was enitirely my opinion and i didnt meen for it to offend anyone
Used strats come pretty cheap too, i've seen a 2000 as low as 175 if I remember correctly.

That is if you want to give your mommy a break and not make her pay over 300 for everything.
Plus, you could use some of the strat's original wiring, switches, pots, the machine heads, rather than trying to assemble them yourself or paying someone to assemble them for you.

Warmoth is great for custom parts and building, but they aren't in the business of selling guitars.

Page 1 of 2