Hey guys. Jus wondering if any of you own or used to LTD guitars (the ESP copies), ive tried them in the shops and i can never get enough time with them to really see if theyre good, i'd need like a week or something to properly test if it compared to my Les Paul Studio.
Reason is, EC-400 i think it is, has a maple neck which would be easier to get bare than the mahogany of my les paul. Please dont tell me to get a zakk wylde one as i want my own guitar.

Should i stick wi my LP and shave it?
Buy a LTD and shave it?
Wait until i can afford an ESP?

cheers
Don't know about sanding the necks, but I own a 400 series LTD and I personally think they're good stuff, for the money (Not really ESP 'copies' though, just an off-brand to reach more of the masses).
my friend owns the SRC 603B, and I've had the chance to play it quite extensively. Very nice guitars IMO. Excellent build quality and playability, everything seemed top notch, I really didn't find anything wrong with it.

edit: 607B
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jun 15, 2006,
the EC-400 is a great guitar for the money, the necks on LTD's are quite slim anyway, plus they have 24 frets if i remember correctly...? a general rule with LTD's is that anything 400 series and over is worth considering
LTD's an suck and they can pwn. Depends how much you're willing to spend and which model you get.
The LTD's arent copies. Just a lower priced version of the originals. There is nothing wrong with them. They are awesome guitars. The M-200 FM and M-1000 are awesome. Its all your preferance.
*Two Things To Remember*
1.) You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter

2.) A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer
Quote by Tubey
I'm thinking bout getting a ESP Deluxe EC-1000. What does everyone think of them?

http://www.machinehead.co.uk/images/esp-jpg/ec1000lg.jpg

*creams* yea i love that guitar..........but never minding about the hijacking of this thread yea that is a cool guitar to get
Yeah sorry bout that but I thought it was better than making a new thread.
i love my SRC-607 baritone. The neck feels nicer than a JEM to me. The build is extremely solid. I lucked out and only paid a little over 800 for mine
Quote by Tubey
I'm thinking bout getting a ESP Deluxe EC-1000. What does everyone think of them?

http://www.machinehead.co.uk/images/esp-jpg/ec1000lg.jpg

i actually own that guitar. same see through black cherry finish and everything. better than any les paul i've ever played honestly. the only thing better i can think of would be a prs or an abyss guitar. i got mine for 780$ on ebay with a hardshell case. get it, its definitly worth it.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

i saw one with a chip at GC for 500. I almost bought it, but i already have a PRS singlecut