does anyone know what gear he used?...so far i only know of that he used a strat...and thats about it..but like...what pickups and amps and ****?...specific guitar models he used?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

If i'm not mistaken, he used Carvin guitars and amps. i'm not sure about anything else though.
yeah carvin guitars and amps.. thats about all I know..
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
single coils?...or humbuckers?!...anyone know that?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

He used a heavily modified custom strat, with SSS and his Carvin Blue Hurricane which is an H-S-H config, 24 fret with a maple fretboard if my memory serves me correctly. My favourite guitarist ever. His tale brings a tear to the eye... I also believe Jason used Randall amplification, but he also used Laney sometimes. I have no clue about his pickups though.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
^ thanks for the help, Yeah he's one of my favorites...Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Paul Gilbert..K.K Downing and GLenn Tipton
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Haha, way to have the same taste as me!!!
haha and of course Tony Iommi is the whole reason i got into the heavy genre of music, and then from there i expanded into the shred scene...and here i am...love shred but still sucking balls at doing it because i cant understand sweep picking!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Haha, hold your horses! Sweep picking IMO should be mastered slowly. First ABSOLUTELY nail your alternate picking. Play stuff like B.R.O. by Racer X to practice it. Then get into sweeps. Start with 3 string sweeps and move up to 6 string sweeps. I've only gotten to 5 string. But remember! Shred isn't everything, keep feeling and class to your music. Wanky-fast shred gets boring really fast. You need style ...
haha, well latley im into blues, blues are teh pwnz0r..and a learned a few of Paul Gilbert's pentatonics licks off video google cause they are incredibly easy but sound so damn awesome....and is it BRO by Racer X?....cause i already have "YRO"...are they the same thing...just some guy made a typing mistake on the fliename or whatever?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

BRO stands for Bach Rip Off, YRO for Yngwie Rip Off.

The guitar Jason is most photographed with is his custom strat from Hurricane guitars (on the cover of Speed Metal Symphony)
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
I know for a pretty good bit of time he used an ADA MP-1 Rack preamp, with ADA bipolar stereo power amps with ADA slant cabs. Im quite postive he used these during cacacophony.

You can find all that stuff on ebay.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator