Hi all,

I have a hollowbody elcetric by Ibanez, its a common jazz box, wooden bridge, spruce top ect. Anyway im worried. Often when i play it one of the strings goes out slightly and its noticable. I was hoping to play on stage with this soon but i can with this problem. So i ask, what the f*ck do i do if im playing and it happens? Has this ever happend yo you?

ps. i can fit a floyderose onto it or anything, also iv had it a few months so all the strings have been properly streched.

thanks
Locking tuners might help. It sounds like your G string is slipping off the tuner post.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

New machine heads would probably help. Also make sure the ones you've got are tight (there's a screw at the back)
yeah, locking tuners would help. Also like said, make sure the windings are correct, if a string is overlapping, it can move around slightly and cause tuning issues. Check the nut isn't catching, saddle, etc.. This is kind of off topic, but it reminded me of this vid I saw a while ago. It's a little clip of Bireli Lagrene where uses his tuning peg at the end of the song, for notes below his low string, lol.
http://www.spikesbigadventure.com/mp3s/videos/bireli1a.wmv
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by goodbydresden
Hi all,

I have a hollowbody elcetric by Ibanez, its a common jazz box, wooden bridge, spruce top ect. Anyway im worried. Often when i play it one of the strings goes out slightly and its noticable. I was hoping to play on stage with this soon but i can with this problem. So i ask, what the f*ck do i do if im playing and it happens? Has this ever happend yo you?

ps. i can fit a floyderose onto it or anything, also iv had it a few months so all the strings have been properly streched.

thanks

What string is going out? If it's the G string, is it when you're playing it open or when you're fretting it?

If your guitar goes out of tune while playing, just tune it back up
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by goodbydresden
fit a floyderose onto it or anything, also iv had it a few months so all the strings have been properly streched.

Maybe you should put some strings on there that aren't old; and lube the nut.
It's not exactly a smart move to gig with an unreliable guitar. The best way to solve this problem is to avoid it entirely.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Why not just put new tuners in it? A good set is about $40. Then you have a nice, reliably in-tune guitar and your problem is solved.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
make sure you wind the strings on far enough onto the tuners. If you don't, then they slip.
Quote by FacingUsAll

If your guitar goes out of tune while playing, just tune it back up

thats what i was gonna say.. haha

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
you apologize to the audience for your sh1tty guitar and get your backup guitar immediatly?
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
if your not gonna buy new tuners then maybe lube you nut with some graphite and when it goes out of tune give the strings a little bend behind the nut after it happens
Quote by R_H_C_P
^Oh my God! You're the first person to actually notice that link! A pringle to you my friend!

My Surf-o-Strat Project
Quote by Armored Artist
Locking tuners might help. It sounds like your G string is slipping off the tuner post.

How does that stop your G-string from slipping off the tuner post?

I mean, why would you have your G-string through your tuner post in the first place anyway...