Page 4 of 10
Nooooo!

New Order break up... for good?

I haven't even heard New Order, but there goes my last chance of seeing JD songs performed by members of the original band...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Right guys...let's try and decipher the original lyrics to Ians last song ever written!

It's called "Ceremony" and its available as a live version on "Still" and the hard to find Disc 3 of "Heart and Soul".

Any additins to the lyrics I've been trying to figure out would be cool!

"Ceremony"

This is why the tables are turning
They keep telling the same old story
This is why the wheels are turning
Turn away and turn towards this time
I can hear the (muffled) are calling
(muffled)....and he will be there
He turns away and turns towards this time

I'll hurt them all, no mercy shown
Heavens know he's got to crack sometime
Watching her the things she'd said
I heard her cry too frail to wake this time

I'll break them all, no mercy shown
Heaven knows it's got to break sometime
The avenues are lined with trees
Picture me in ten years time watching

Watching forever
Watching forever
Forever letting me know
Forever where did he go?
Forever
Forever letting me know

TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!
^odd...........I googled it and all I got was this:

This is why events unnerve me,
They find it all, a different story,
Notice whom for wheels are turning,
Turn again and turn towards this time,
All she ask's the strength to hold me,
Then again the same old story,
Word will travel, oh so quickly,
Travel first and lean towards this time.

Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Watching her, these things she said,
The times she cried,
Too frail to wake this time.

Oh, I'll break them down, no mercy shown,
Heaven knows, it's got to be this time,
Avenues all lined with trees,
Picture me and then you start watching,
Watching forever, forever,
Watching love grow, forever,
Letting me know, forever.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Can't figure that song out...

Urrm.... it's the anniversay of Ian Curtis' death in two days....
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Dude, I totally forgot!

Shame on me...

RIP Ian Curtis
^ ROFL!

Bad Joy Division fan! BAD!

RIP Ian

We may not have understood exactly why you killed yourself, but your legacy lives on.
ya i completly forgot about yesterday. my band is trying to decide on a joy division cover to do and its between atmospere and warsaw which are both awsome song its a tough one though. any suggestions?
Play Interzone or Wilderness or Warsaw (like you mentioned) or No Love Lost or Failures......

i'll have to check those out i'll let you know. right now im leaning towards atmosphere although warsaw is incredibly fun to play. maybe we'll just do a bunch of joy division covers.
Quote by Monkeygone2hvn
i'll have to check those out i'll let you know. right now im leaning towards atmosphere although warsaw is incredibly fun to play. maybe we'll just do a bunch of joy division covers.

Do "Atmosphere". Beautiful song.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I can't believe there's only like 4 JD fans in all of UG.

Quite an Atrocity Exhibition wouldn't you say?
I too have much love for Joy Division. Ian's death was a sad, sad thing the least us fan's could do was remember him! .
Quote by raise_the_dead
I can't believe there's only like 4 JD fans in all of UG.

Well, there's 5 of them now... or 4,5 at least

I decided to give them another chance by getting 'Unknown Pleasures' and it's so much better than Substance, IMO. I really like the album. Disorder and Wilderness are my personal favouries. Ian Curtis actually sounds like Jim Morrison a bit. In my opinion atleast. Is Closer better or worse than UP?
I was fishing through a record shop today and was shocked to find an original vinyl pressing of "Closer", which I bought, quite happily I might add, for £14. After I bought it the guy asked if I was a collecter. I said not really, I just love the band.

He then fished through other little stalls and found me a "Atmosphere" Original Vinyl (Which he marked down from £15 to £10 for me) and a copy of "Still" (Which he marked down from £50 to £14 as it didn't have the original ribbon or something).

When I asked him why, he said "Because I thought I was the only Joy Division fan in this bloody town!" We then got to talking and all that. Really nice guy. Turns out his family own the record shop and if I ever wanted a job just to go in and ask.

It just amazes me how nice some people can be compared to the impersonal HMV stores.
that's really cool, i'm hoping to stumble into another JD fan who plays guitar in my little yankee town full of ignorance..

Quote by European Son
Well, there's 5 of them now... or 4,5 at least

I decided to give them another chance by getting 'Unknown Pleasures' and it's so much better than Substance, IMO. I really like the album. Disorder and Wilderness are my personal favouries. Ian Curtis actually sounds like Jim Morrison a bit. In my opinion atleast. Is Closer better or worse than UP?

Closer is the bands greatest work. All the tracks are on par with Love WIll Tear us Apart in terms of lyrical nature and instrument use. Amazing. Buy it now.
The band's name refers to areas within World War II concentration camps where Nazis forced prisoners into prostitution.
Quote by Saif Mehdi
Hey serious Joy Division fans...what are your favorite songs by them?

1. The Eternal
2. Atrocity Exhibition
3. Transmission
4. I Remember Nothing
5. Novelty

My 5 faves =]
Alright, thanks Knife2aGunFight and gallagher2006. I'm not very sonically familiar with this band but "Disorder" remains one of my favorite songs ever.
Quote by UMadeMeRealise

-24 Hours

Never understood why people love that song so much...It's pretty good, but after awhile the novelty wears off I think.
I don't know why I like it so much either. It's just has something about it that draw me to it. But looking over my list, I'm kicking myself over forgetting 'Heart and Soul.'
I just started really liking "Dead Souls" and of course "Love Will Tear Us Apart". I hope there's more great songs from them so I can have a new band in my list.
Quote by Saif Mehdi
Hey serious Joy Division fans...what are your favorite songs by them?

Favourite to listen to:

Digital, Love Will Tear Us Apart, Colony

To play on guitar:

Warsaw