Page 7 of 10
Quote by gallagher2006
Yeah. UP, Closer and Still are being remastered and come with a concert each. Good quality I hope...

I'll be buying 'em seeing as I dont even have the current ones atm
I dug out Unknown Pleasures last night after about a year of not listening them. Definitely one of the best albums ever.

For anyone in the UK, you can get Still, Substance, Closer and Unknown Pleasures all for £20 at Virgin in the current 4 CDs for £20 offer. Just thought I'd mention that
I know we were talking covers a few pages before, but I forgot to mention. Has anyone heard Jose Gonzalez's version of Love Will Tear Us Apart?

Link

I like it.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I know we were talking covers a few pages before, but I forgot to mention. Has anyone heard Jose Gonzalez's version of Love Will Tear Us Apart?

Link

I like it.

I know it's a cliche, but I don't like any big artists covering that song...It's an Indie anthem, and I think it should stay that way =]
A friend sent it to me. It's better than most of the covers. I heard Nick Cave did a cover, I'll be trying that one out, he did an excellent cover of disco 3000 by pulp.
Quote by DanRev
A friend sent it to me. It's better than most of the covers. I heard Nick Cave did a cover, I'll be trying that one out, he did an excellent cover of disco 3000 by pulp.

Does anyone know if there is any truth in that Ian Curtis only knew 2 guitar chords?

G, D

And that Bernard Sumner had to tune his guitar to the key of the song?

I heard that he played Love Will Tear Us Apart in the tuning F#BEAC#F# and just played the G
There must be some truth in that. In the LWTU video he seems to only play one chord...
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Has anyone heard Jose Gonzáles covering 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'? It's actually quite good, the best LWTUA I've heard for sure. If you haven't, you should check it out. Really. Not as good as the original, but I thought it might be fun to actually hear a good LWTAU cover.
6I did an acoustic cover of it, it was one of the first ones I did, I thought it was brilliant at the time, but looking [listening*] back not so long ago I cringed at how murderous it was.
Quote by gallagher2006
Does anyone know if there is any truth in that Ian Curtis only knew 2 guitar chords?

G, D

And that Bernard Sumner had to tune his guitar to the key of the song?

I heard that he played Love Will Tear Us Apart in the tuning F#BEAC#F# and just played the G

for some reason i believe you. why? i got new order's substance today, should be fun.
Quote by gallagher2006
I know it's a cliche, but I don't like any big artists covering that song...It's an Indie anthem, and I think it should stay that way =]

Definitely, especially when you see hardly any other JD songs being covered.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by pumpkins_rule
Definitely, especially when you see hardly any other JD songs being covered.

EXACTLY! At a gig a little while ago, we covered "Disorder" and after the gig I was talking to some people and asked who the song was by. I said Joy Division and they were like "???" so I sighed and said "The LWTUA guys..." "Oh yeah!" came the reply =[
Quote by Doolittle
LCD Soundsystem do a mean cover of No Love Lost

FOB do an awesome cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart!! It's much better than the original!
Quote by European Son
FOB do an awesome cover of Love Will Tear Us Apart!! It's much better than the original!

Ugh, so wrong. That cover almost put me into a coma it was so awful.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by I_Pwn
Ugh, so wrong. That cover almost put me into a coma it was so awful.

Haha, I agree. I was being sarcastic, in case you didn't notice.
^Opportunistic, but cool nonetheless.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Awesome band that just HAD to negate all its glory by becoming New Order :/

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
Awesome band that just HAD to negate all its glory by becoming New Order :/

New Order =/= Joy Division.

They are hardly the same thing, in my opinion. I don't like New Order either, but it's not like it's just Joy Division without Ian Curtis. It's more than that. They changed their sound quite a bit after they formed New Order. I respect New Order and what they've accomplished, but it's just not my cup of tea.
Quote by European Son
New Order =/= Joy Division.

They are hardly the same thing, in my opinion. I don't like New Order either, but it's not like it's just Joy Division without Ian Curtis. It's more than that. They changed their sound quite a bit after they formed New Order. I respect New Order and what they've accomplished, but it's just not my cup of tea.

oh, very true. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I mean it's the same musicians for most part. And granted, NO have some good songs, but still I was expecting a bit more than I got.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
has anyone seen Control yet?
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
Quote by bah humbug
has anyone seen Control yet?

Oh, I totally forgot about that one. I must see that movie.
Has anyone got the remastered albums yet?

I'm thinking of picking up Substance tomorrow morning... but given that I already own the normal version, it seems quite pricey, I'm low on cash and there's a couple of albums that I'm considering buying in it's place (mainly Fugazi-13 Songs and X-Los Angeles), should I get it?
Los Angeles is one of my favorite albums ever. Since you already have the normal version, skip the remastered for now and get X!

Joy Division are amazing, totally underated, among the poineers of the alternative rock scene we know today =] She's Lost Control is one of the greats...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by European Son
^Is that even possible?

No, of course not.
That wacky Nirvana talent show cover was better than the Fall Out Boy one.