Im going with a friend to try out loads of amps around london. What should i bear in mind or does anyone have any wise advice?
Thanks
Only try out amps in music stores, not other musician's amps they are using to play on a stage, or amps sitting in people's homes.
Try out ALL of them.

EDIT: and make sure u use YOUR guitar
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Price, sound, and rarity? I have no idea what your asking for, it's kind of an odd question. Make sure you're not biased towards any amps, and if it's tube, crank it!
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Quote by Chimaira
Price, sound, and rarity? I have no idea what your asking for, it's kind of an odd question. Make sure you're not biased towards any amps, and if it's tube, crank it!

Like sound wise.
And just like what to listen out for and such. sorry very vague.
Planning to crank it Wembley has a soundproof amp room. ohhh yeah.
Quote by Mattdreyer
Like sound wise.
And just like what to listen out for and such. sorry very vague.
Planning to crank it Wembley has a soundproof amp room. ohhh yeah.

It depends on what your looking for soundwise. If your playing blues, look at the clean channel and how it breaks up at louder volumes. If something like metal, check out how much gain it has, and if it keeps your signal clear without distoriting it too much and losing clarity. Have fun.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Quote by gaylord
Only try out amps in music stores, not other musician's amps they are using to play on a stage, or amps sitting in people's homes.

haha good one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by gaylord

amazing.

anyway, go to the wembley guitar centre, you can get there by tube. Denmark street is pretty good for guitars, but pretty much sucks for amps (when I was there, at least).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I went into Denmark Street on tuesday and tried out loads of amps. I'll apologise now for not knowing the shop names... There's a place called Andy's which had a 100 watt 2x12 jcm800 master lead combo for around £500. There was a small shop which had a 1970's ac30 for £425... which is a steal... I think this one had a basement full of acoustics. There's a technology place with amps upstairs where I tried a mesa stiletto... not overly impressive.... although it is a great shop.
One shop had a glass screened area to try amps in. I tried a peavey classic 30 and was very impressed.... it's only like £400.

Good luck anyway mate.

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

^ hah, i wouldn't worry about the shop names, denmark street is only about 4 feet long anyway...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?