Well, as brainstormed in the bass forum, here it is.

Basically, with no specific time frame, this is the thread for solo bass or bass and drums or bass and vocals or bass and drum and vocals covers. Preferably no guitar tracks; this is a cover (contest? maybe.) thread that has the emphasis on bass. So bust out the Wooten and Pasorius and whatever else you'd like. No real limit to entries, but lets keep it one person a song. Post what you'd like to play first and voila: Its reserved.

Not sure what I'm up for yet, and the rules will no doubt change, but we'll see what happens.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
so this is gonna be ongoing eh?

cuz someday i wanna add in Scarified, drum/bass (drums from guitarpro lmao), and in the inbetween solo's, just do my own things.

someday
too bad its a cover thread. I would have posted a song from my band, it was basically just an all bass chord song with vocals on it.
Lets just make it a bass solo thread, screw covers, covers or no covers. lol
i subscribe either way
Work to live, not live to work.
how about "covers/originals"

just no full band stuff, because that takes away from the point. if youre bass is interesting enuff, maybe take out the guitar/vox or w.e of your bands full song and leave the bass and drums.
Alright, as long is its a full song thing. Not just out of time slappage. All the stuff has to be written out.

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

^Lol, PLEASE no out of time slappage. I'll try to install my US-122 today and record Amazing Grace or something. Maybe an original now that we can do that too.....
Revived. I should be posting something soon.

Anyone got anything?

Quote by crazypeanutman

Yea purple haze was great, aside from the mixing, which left alot to be desired IMO. Nice job though!

Actually, all your stuff is great. Amerika and Portrait of Tracy kick ass.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Last edited by Yertle at Jul 14, 2006,