i was thinking of buying a vox AD100vt, but my freind says a marshall MG250 is better what would you suggest?
the mgs arent that great but if the vox is the one im thinking of then it is completely amazing
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
vox AD100vt, if you buy the marshall you'll regret buying that overpriced amp soon........for a small practise amp its ok but for a loud gigging amp it just doesnt cut it
Quote by TheFly_1990
i was thinking of buying a vox AD100vt, but my freind says a marshall MG250 is better what would you suggest?

I would suggesting impaling your friend through his cerebral cortex with a railroad spike. They tell you that opinions can't be wrong. That's not true. Your friend is wrong.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Voodoo strat
Vox. Your friends an idiot.

I whole-heartedly agree.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The Marshall MG series consists of sterile sounding, poorly built amps. I think the term we use around here is "Bees in a box".

If you want to do any playing in front of another person, the Vox kicks the MG's ass.

The MG is a *serviceable* practice amp (IE sound comes out of it - if it doesn't break on you) - but it's overpriced to boot.

Punch your friend in the face. And then punch his mom in the face for birthing a moron.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
im not sure The AC15 is in his price range but if you could go with that then DEF go with it.
the ad100vt is supposed to be great though
^You could also go for the AD60VT, it's apparently got more models than the others (except 120) I think Danno's got one.

And... they're blue!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I do indeed have an AD60, and I highly recommend it.

The best feature is the splittable effects- you can have any "pedal", any Modulation, any Delay and any Reverb you want, all independently of each other (unlike the silver series, where you're confined to preset combos, like flange + reverb)

Also it's got two or three more amp models, and probably some other stuff.
Quote by Danno13
Your friend secretly hates you.

Lol, get the Vox man
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Your friend is probably one of those: OmFz!1!111! Slashzor, Page, Metallicai use Marshall!1!11, Omgz!1! MARSHALL mg, marshall=l33t hax0rs11!!1! vox is teh n00b ****

I would get a long sharp(or dull) knife and cut your friends balls off so he cannot contaminate the rest of the world with his n00bness

Vox hands down, its got a warmer tone, it has some life too it, and theres no Bees in this box
lol thanks dudes, he plays a gibby les paul and is secretly in love with slash i think
you have helped me in a tricky situation thanks and thanks agen!

The Fly
Quote by Danno13
I do indeed have an AD60, and I highly recommend it.

The best feature is the splittable effects- you can have any "pedal", any Modulation, any Delay and any Reverb you want, all independently of each other (unlike the silver series, where you're confined to preset combos, like flange + reverb)

Also it's got two or three more amp models, and probably some other stuff.

I have tried one (and always play Tonelab in a shop wich is an AD60VT in a pedal) and they are awesome!

They actully have 5 more amp models.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I'd seriously go for AD60VT or the 50 if you can't get the extra couple of quid.
The 100 is supposed to be worse quality than the 50.
And the 50 is way loud enough for a gig.

Edit: MG does not make a good gigging amp. For such a cheap amp it has a nice clean sound. Everything else sucks. And it's overpriced.
The disortion is awfull. You'd be better off making screaming sounds through a microphone than using it.
It's an okay begginer amp. But getting the 250 watt version is just silly.
Last edited by beckyjc at Jun 17, 2006,
^ The 250 version is actually 2x50watts. I believe it's the same as the 100-watter but with two speakers. Wonderful.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by SamDking
^ The 250 version is actually 2x50watts. I believe it's the same as the 100-watter but with two speakers. Wonderful.

^ you would be correct, only difference is 250 is in stereo
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
Yea, they're only good enough in his tour bus (when nobody is around to hear it). I bet after the ad shoot, he said something along the line of, "Do I have to keep using this ****, or can I toss it?"
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
buy both amps. Then put your friends head through the MG. Thats the most use you will get with it.