i heard someone said b4...wearing the wrist band give a little help when we play a guitar....

so in what way that thing will help us???
if anything it would not help if it was tight enough it would decrease the circulation flow hence loosing blood in your hand making the strength in your hand decrease
Its more for sweat i think.......... Though a lot of people use it to dampen theyre guitars to make theyre mistakes less aparent
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Kirk Hammet uses it to make sure he doesn't cut his wrists open while aggressively picking. Synester Gates does it too, I think. However I don't think he's all that great enough to use it at all.
I just bought a 3" wide white "UnderArmor" one yesterday. I did it for... well.. the sweat for outside shows, and a clothing line we support has a majority of black/white clothes. It all fits...
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
wearing a wristband is also really good for palm muting
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
try it and you would understand what I mean
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

some people rest the base of their palm on the bridge. You could easily make contact with the strings if you were wearing a wrist band.

Its probably a crutch to make up for poor technique, but it sounds like it could be effective if thats your ploy
eh screw it I think I'm probably the only one who wears it wrong then
Quote by bassmo_part2

i always thought that wearing a wristband (especially the long ones like james hetfield wore during the black album tour and others) would make alternate picking and fast downpicking less stressfull on the wrist because it supports them.
Gear:
Yamaha f-310 acoustic
Epiphone Les paul standard plus
Line 6 spider II 30 watt
Digitech Metal Master
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Kirk Hammet uses it to make sure he doesn't cut his wrists open while aggressively picking. Synester Gates does it too, I think. However I don't think he's all that great enough to use it at all.

synester use em to cover up his horrible picking technique and sloppy playing.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P

agreed
Quote by Funky P

agreed x2 has anyone seen that solo he plays? pure ****!!
Quote by Arlabester
you suck, emo rocks, case closed
They collect sweat from your arms before it gets to your hands so you son't lose your grip on your pick.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
oh someone said about the palm muting. I suggest this....

Get those Livestrong wrist bands those 1.5 centimeter or so wide bands that supports cancer or whatever. They have nike ones and1 etc. lala.....

They are loose (well not really if your like....FAT), and they really are more effect than those anti-sweat wristbands that people think ur cool with. The palmuting makes it easier and you can pause pretty quickly for some odd reason. Well everyone has their techniques. TRY IT.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by Air Guitarist!
agreed x2 has anyone seen that solo he plays? pure ****!!

x3 and i've seen that solo video, he even makes it all nice and obvious and puts in over the head and onto the neck, while he wears another on his wrist, how bad at guitar can you be??
Quote by sylent
oh someone said about the palm muting. I suggest this....

Get those Livestrong wrist bands those 1.5 centimeter or so wide bands that supports cancer or whatever. They have nike ones and1 etc. lala.....

They are loose (well not really if your like....FAT), and they really are more effect than those anti-sweat wristbands that people think ur cool with. The palmuting makes it easier and you can pause pretty quickly for some odd reason. Well everyone has their techniques. TRY IT.

cool

Quote by KurrptSenate
some people rest the base of their palm on the bridge. You could easily make contact with the strings if you were wearing a wrist band.

Its probably a crutch to make up for poor technique, but it sounds like it could be effective if thats your ploy

yeah........ wait, my technique's not crappy
Quote by bassmo_part2

Quote by antigonish3
You mean a wrist band like kerry king?

http://metalkings.com/aggressor/Kerry-King-december-05.jpg

yeah, just a bit less............pointy?
Quote by bassmo_part2

^
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Quote by SuperAnalytical

Ummm, actually Kirk Hammett tapes his hands for that reason, I've never seen Kirk use wristbands.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
personally i just like to weat stuff on my wrists when i play. somehow it makes me feel steady, dunno why.
Would wearing a stiff wristband on your left wrist (or right if you're a left handed player) help give you better form for playing? Like keeping your wrist straight instead of bent too much?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by twistedsister
sweat................and you probably heard it from Willie Adler from LOG

and he doesnt even use actual wrist bands, he uses cut off socks