how uncomfortable and awkward are V's to play while sitting down?..im talking the V's that are both equal lengths on the wings, and the Randy Rhoad style with one longer than the other
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

Just put it so the wings go around your knee.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
the randy rhoads one is probably more comfortable, but i haven't tried it. if you dont mind playing a guitar upwards, or you usually play standing up, this is for you
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
^ nope i dont, i usually sit down or lay down and play guitar...i stand up every one in a while just so that i can test my technique that way, but i find sitting down better in my basement
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

i have a randy style shine and its to sit down the the spikes go either side of yo leg. but i oonly ever play standin
its pretty uncomfortable and u have stop the guitar from falling over with ur fretting hand by pushing it up
I imagine laying down wouldn't present a problem.
Peace, peace, and that's my piece.

Just another pale, skinny, noiserawkin' indie boy with tousled hair

Last.fm
They are quite uncomfortable to play sitting down. The only way to do so fairly comfortably is to put one part of the V over your leg and the other side under your leg. But then strumming becomes uncomfortable.

They're great while standing though.
The RR is more comfortable, but I don't like either of them. I can't sit down with a V shaped guitar.
Quote by guitar_mad_ali
i have a randy style shine and its to sit down the the spikes go either side of yo leg. but i oonly ever play standin
its pretty uncomfortable and u have stop the guitar from falling over with ur fretting hand by pushing it up

that falling over problem wouldnt bother me too much, caus ei already have that problem when i play normal sitting down with my SG...damn heavy ****er
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
that falling over problem wouldnt bother me too much, caus ei already have that problem when i play normal sitting down with my SG...damn heavy ****er

I thought SGs were supposed to be light?
Peace, peace, and that's my piece.

Just another pale, skinny, noiserawkin' indie boy with tousled hair

Last.fm
I find them really comfy. All you do is put the open V bit on your thigh and play like that. Once you get used to it other guitars feel weird but standing up and playing feels natural because it's the same position as sitting. Look at these extremly cool blokes playing there Vs. That's how you hold it.

http://www.flying-v.ch/marc/m_phil.jpg
I have a V and i dont find it uncomfortable to sit with at all. I just have one wing on either side of my right leg. Its very comfortable that way, that how i sit wil all guitars now.
Quote by rocknroll blues
I thought SGs were supposed to be light?

maybe Gibsons...but my Epiphone sure as hell isnt...its not like incredibly heavy, but the neck is heavier than the body, so it always tips the headstock down to the floor, its fallen a few times...and plus the whole thing is made of mahogony...and i dont think thats that light?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^^(danillo 19)

Amen, I have a V also and its not uncomfy at all
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

My SG seems light as ****, meh, i like V's sitting down, the lower wing fits snug inbetween your legs, im saving up for one, i must say, you have great taste in guitars.

P.S dont listen to the guy with the shine, they are more neck heavy than SG's
^ haha, i just like the old designs, im not up for the exotic stuff, i just like V's Strats, Les Paul's and Sg's
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

I have one of them ESP Alexi USA and they are nice.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
i have a dean baby v, its all i could afford cos the only guitars that were better at my local shop are £600 ibanez's and i like v shape anyway, the only problem with my v is that the jack sticks into your legs when sitting without a strap but otherwise its perfectly comfortable
They're *semi* comfortable if you play it like you would a classical guitar, but other than that they're a bitch to play sitting down. If you like it though, go for it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Cone 21
I have one of them ESP Alexi USA and they are nice.

No ESP Alexi was made in the United States of America.
haha
You could just buy one of those wings they sell on that one Kisekae guitar making website if you find them uncomfortable.