the pattern is

1,2,4,5,b7,8
or
C, D, F, G, Bb,C

id like to know what it is
thanks
Angus-
2010 Gibson SG Honeyburst
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
Last edited by Angusman60 at Jun 15, 2006,
a minor pentatonic scale has no 2nds or 6ths, so you are right, it seem to be just D minor though, just not all the notes are used.
oh oops
i meant to put a C first my bad
it sould be
C, D, F, G, Bb,C
I'm a musician, a composer, and a theory nut. Pleased to meet you! Check out my websites and drop me a line.

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude. " ~ Freidrich Nietzche

My Website
according to this really cool website, it is: C Pentatonic Neutral.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all

Can I get that website?
I'd say it's a Dminor pentatonic, missing the A note
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
Quote by metal4all

do you mean natural?

My Website
Quote by Angusman60
do you mean natural?

no. i looked at the website i posted and with C as the root note, and those intervals, it says that it is a C Pentatonic Neutral. i've never heard of a neutral but i have heard natural so maybe they are the same thing?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
i looked at a couple more sites and i guess it is Neutral.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
you are probably right spoon

My Website