Ive had my amp for about 5 months now, and it seems I have a big problem.

Its a Drive 200C 20W Combo.

I noticed it didn't work a couple days ago, and I thought for sure it was my output jack on the guitar. So, I had my friend bring over his guitar, amp, and a cord. Well, I plugged in my guitar to his amp and his cord and it worked great. So using his stuff, my guitar worked.

Well, then I tried my cord into his amp, and it didn't work. So, my cord didn't work, thats the problem. However, we plugged in his guitar and cord into my amp to play a bit and it worked alright. Then, when we left to go play some baseball we came back, turned on my amp and his guitar and cord didn't work anymore.

So then we were confused, it worked an hour ago, so why not now? Heres the weird part. We plug his cord back into his amp, hook up his guitar... and it doesn't work.

Is it possible my amp has an electrical problem that kills the cords? Im baffled by this, because my friends cord doesnt work anymore after it was in my amp.
well, if i were you, i wouldn't plug anything into for now, although i doubt that your amp could destroy your cords like that. Have you tried plugging your amp into a different outlet? Cuz sometimes an outlet mught short out or something. That's all i can really think of though. Let me know if that worked at all.
Quote by dj_brooks22
well, if i were you, i wouldn't plug anything into for now, although i doubt that your amp could destroy your cords like that. Have you tried plugging your amp into a different outlet? Cuz sometimes an outlet mught short out or something. That's all i can really think of though. Let me know if that worked at all.

Yeah, I changed the outlet and that didnt work.

Could I take it to guitar center to get it repaired?
Huh? That is wierd as hell. I haven't the slightest clue what is causing it. Maybe a short of something like that. GC might be able to better diagnose, the again I have run into some real idiot techs down there.