How much would it cost to have a Gibson Custom Shop repaint my Explorer in Alpine White? I dont want to do it myself because I dont want to deal with it if I screw it up. Have any of you had anything done with their custom shops?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
It's not worth it for an epi.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
Whats up with reranch.com? I keep getting some BS folder page that dont pull up anything at all.
yeah apparently its' guitarrefinishing.com now.

As for an alpine white explorer. Id suggest doing it yourself. There is nothing in painting process you can't redo. And if yo ugo wiht spray cans it will cost a million times less then gibson will charge.
The finish is a huge part of the cost of Gibsons (not including the 'Special' models); so you would be raped if you got it refinished by them: and I mean a 1000$ rape, at least.
Do it yourself
a. it will cost a helluva lot less like it has been mentioned
b. you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did something

and painting a body like that is simple. Just practice on some scrap wood if you are unsure of yourself and your skills. You'll enjoy your guitar even more if you paint it yourself. Or you could just sell it to me. I love explorers.
Either do it yourself OR take it to a local luthier, there is no point in getting gibson to do it.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by mr_hankey
The finish is a huge part of the cost of Gibsons (not including the 'Special' models); so you would be raped if you got it refinished by them: and I mean a 1000$ rape, at least.

$1000, really, It probably will cost about 100 to 200 bucks at most. And the thing with gibson is it paints its guitars with like 6 coats of paint. Do you have the patiance to do 6 coats of paint? doing it yourself would be cheaper, but Gibson im sure will not mess it up any and will give it to you looking nice. Plus have fun buffing your guitar after paint, might take a while. The other guy has a point thought, just take it to a local luthier, anybody that is experienced with painting guitars, its better than tryin it yourself if you really want it to look perfect.
I would honestly say do it yourself. Six coats isn't that bad.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by briang1110
$1000, really, It probably will cost about 100 to 200 bucks at most.

mr_hankey is right, My uncle wanted to get his '80s Gibson Explorer repainted in a standard black... they wanted to charge $1250, not including shipping... I think a new Explorer from Gibson costs around that much... the thing is they spray pretty much everything at one time, sending something already finished costs extra time for employees (they have to strip, sand, spray, etc...) and that costs Gibson money, plus paint costs... and they have to do your guitar individually instead of like 100 guitars at a time.

do it yourself, or hell buy a White Gibson explorer