Page 1 of 2
anyone here know of any good skatepunk bands.

i know of:

Guttermouth
Ten Foot Pole
Descendents

anyone else have any Suggestions
Suicidal Tendancies

they are kind of more like punk meets metal, but yet they are still skatepunk too
Quote by The Pickle Man
If that's the best Chicago has to offer then... well... too bad for Chicago, I guess.
All 3 of these bands had their own decks at one point, I believe
*Agent Orange
*D.I.
*Gang Green

Shattered Faith
Underdog
U.S. Bombs
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
The Faction.

Gotta love songs about soda.

I was gonna say them but I wasn't 100% sure they were skatepunk, Eventhough they have songs called Skate and Destroys and Skate Harrasment.
Quote by Catch23
I was gonna say them but I wasn't 100% sure they were skatepunk, Eventhough they have songs called Skate and Destroys and Skate Harrasment.

I think all of they guys skated,But Steve Cabbellero (not usre if thats how it's spelled) was in The Faction,and hes a really well-known skater.He's in the tony hawk games up until like the 3rd or 4th one i think.

anyway,BONES BRIGADE!!!!
awesome skate-punk band.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
Yes! I dont care what you say! They are a good skatepunk band!

Ohh, another, Pennywise
Quote by robertogonzales
Agression is a good one

Do they do that slightly comical song that go's "Feeeeeeeeeeeeeel the salty leather," ??? I can't take it seriously it's so damned funny.
SIZE]
Um....ok skate punk bands! I got some:

Resist and Exist
Nausea
Amebix
DooM
Fleas and Lice
Contravene

Yeah, listen to them...thatss GREAT skate punk...
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
ANS
VPR
Common Enemey
The Latex Nuns
and the Good Life
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Is there some sort of criteria for being a skatepunk band? Normally I hold them to a certaint level.

1: Consisting of skaters. (Being a former shred sledder I take this seriously)
2: Normally from around the California area (Thats a little extreme and close minded I know)
3: An obsession with some sort of liquid.

Now, I saw Nausea listed up there, and I'll admit I dont know to much about them, but still. Inform me.
SIZE]
What is it with all thses Offspring references as of late? The people where I live skate to metal or really bad nu metal. It's quite sad. That's why I quit the skate scene.
Quote by ScummerVacation
Is there some sort of criteria for being a skatepunk band? Normally I hold them to a certaint level.

1: Consisting of skaters. (Being a former shred sledder I take this seriously)
2: Normally from around the California area (Thats a little extreme and close minded I know)
3: An obsession with some sort of liquid.

Now, I saw Nausea listed up there, and I'll admit I dont know to much about them, but still. Inform me.

No I was telling him bands to listen to, just I was pretending like they were skate so he would listen to them, in hope to like them.
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
No I was telling him bands to listen to, just I was pretending like they were skate so he would listen to them, in hope to like them.

Oh nice, now that I read your post over again, you were just being a rebel rouser.
SIZE]
That or a Crusty trying to spread the word of good music
Quote by opivy21
Of course the Faction.
JFA
Agent Orange
Los Olvidados
Big Boys

Listen to opivy21 hes reced these to me before and they all turned out great... but you forgot bones brigade
-Pennywise(and no they are not pop punk)
-Black Flag
-Clay Wheels
-Agent Orange
-Bouncing Souls(alright so they like bmx better
but it goes with the whole action sports theme)
-Flogging Molly(the accordian player is sponsored by innes)
-The Faction(steve caballero played bass for them and now plays guitar for them)
-Aquabats(they even have a song called my skateboard)
Black Flag aint no Skate Punk band, they are hXc.

And Pennywise are pop punk.
Quote by angusfenderbend

-Flogging Molly(the accordian player is sponsored by innes)

and being sponsored by a major american business is sooo punk rock.

Pennywise sucks and has lame music videos.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Suicidal Tendencies.

And would Osker be considered a skatepunk band?
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Quote by JohnnyNapalm
That or a Crusty trying to spread the word of good music

That's possible?
i think that if skating can be considered punk than being sponsored probably should just be tolerated.... i really don't care much tho as i don't skate. The only punk bands i can think of that i really like that sing about extreme sports are US Bombs and I think Bouncing Souls do sometimes too... but I'm not sure... I just now alot of skaters that like Bouncing Souls.
Quote by xgrindcorex
Demon System 13
Asshole Parade
Scholastic Deth

y'know, i kinda love you. I hought i was the only one here who liked scholastic deth.

heres a little list and i know it includes stuff other people said

bones brigade
JFA
drunk injuns
scholastic deth
common enemy
ANS
What happens next?
adolescents
cheapskates
DFA
E.T.A.
DS-13

keep in mind most are skate thrash though.
Honestly, I think its the label that makes a skatepunk band.

Because most skatepunk bands out there are put out through either FW or Epitaph and their hundreds of Tributaries.
Epitaph is dead. They put Parental Advisory Stickers on their Albums now.
Quote by ss311
Epitaph is dead. They put Parental Advisory Stickers on their Albums now.

i'm pretty sure they have to do that.... there was a whole thing where Tipper Gore tryed to get "profane" music outlawed... Dee Snyder, Frank Zappa, and ****in John Denver fought it and the compromise was that if a CD was considered to be profane the record company would just put a warning on it. So stop bitching, things could be worse. That said most epitaph bands do blow...
My favorite chapter in the PMRC censorship thang, was when Donny Osmond showed up and testified before Congress that NWA had a right to say what they wanted.

I hate the man, but that was cool.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
I know the story Rabid dog but Epitaph only recently started using those stickers. The company never had to before and as of late it must due to the increase in size and registration with some sort of company that I dunno the name of.
Warner maybe? I dunno I know a few years ago everyone was mad because epitaph was working with warner alot. But yeah i see what you're saying. I dunno..... i have a never ending cycle with punk music, i grew up around it because my uncle and cousin's bands (more of garage rock and new wave tho than true punk) used to play at cbgbs, and i got really into punk when i was like 13. By the time i was 15 i decided i hated the punk scene and that everyone was a bunch of assholes. Then when i was 17 i got pulled back in for awhile. Then I left again. And the same thing has happened quite a few times. I love the music... but everytime i come back to it I find that I just end up arguing with people and being meaner than i like to be... so sorry if i came off as a jerk.
Page 1 of 2