Hi, i recently bought a fender twin reverb. after a few days of playing it, i'm ADDICTED to the sound of this amp. but there is a slight problem....

The amp obviously can only produce a clean sound unless pushed on the volume. but this thing is WAY TOO LOUD to push up even past 2. I have a Pod XT Live but my problem is tweaking the overdrives pedals it offers. Would it be easier to just buy a single overdrive pedal? Would the tone be better too? I spent $400 on both the amp and pod so i was hoping i could at least use the pod any help would be much appreciated
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
oops sorry i meant i paid $400 apiece for the 2, but still that twin reverb for $400 was awesome. it was brand new too
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Why not just buy an Ibanez tubescreamer ts808 and call it a day? with all the money you saved on that deal im sure you can afford it
Bones, sinking like stones.
You could get an attenuator. I'd recomend a weber, I've got one for my Traynor and it's amazing, and they have a pretty big selection. Though for a Twin Reverb, which is 85 watts right? They'll be pretty expensive since you'll need one that's 100 watts, I think the cheapest one I saw was $160, and they go up to $225.

Link

http://www.tedweber.com/atten.htm
Hai UG!
Quote by amazingdm
yeah which Twin was it?

its the reissue....can't say much more just a 65' twin reverb. i'll check out the attenuator
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
A vintage silverface Fender is really cheap, if you're looking for one. I also reccomend the Weber attenuators, I've got one, it's really nice.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
I've also heard good things about the Weber attenuators. Also, there are some products on eBay that some guy makes that are similiar to attenuators, but they're only like $30. I'm not sure how well they work though, but they did get some good comments.

Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VOLUME-BOX-FOR-FENDER-EVIL-TWIN-TONEMASTER-PRO-REVERB_W0QQitemZ7421650933QQihZ016QQcategoryZ38074QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not sure if there are any available for twin reverbs though, but it's worth a look.

And again, if you wanna hook me up with a cheap Super Reverb, you go right ahead.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
^Those are master volumes, it just attenuates the preamp tubes when you put it in the effects loop.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Get one of those Tone Bone overdrives that Eric Johnson uses.
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free