where is the place to buy a floyd rose for my ibanez rg-120? how much would i be likely to be spending? please reply asap w/ websites, or stores in san diego, california that might sell them. i really gotta know, i cant find a site that has one for sale.
Much thanks~
Xiion
rg120 does that originally come fitted with a floyd rose if it doesnt have fun routing out for it
It's probably not wise to buy a bridge more expensive than your guitar. Though if you really must, go for the Ibanez ZR tremolo, it's vastly superior to the Floyd Rose.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
www.warmoth.com. They have them the cheapest I've seen anywhere.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
Quote by Archeo Avis
It's probably not wise to buy a bridge more expensive than your guitar. Though if you really must, go for the Ibanez ZR tremolo, it's vastly superior to the Floyd Rose.

As far as I know, Ibanez does not sell those commercially. If your ZR breaks or something, you can probably send it back and pay for a new one, but I have yet to see them release their ZR's, Edge's, etc. on store shelves.
^ www.ibanezrules.com sell them, afaik.

but the major problem is that you need to measure your trem route, to see what good trem will fit in there... most of the time (with ibanez, at least) it's not just a straight swap, unfortunately...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ www.ibanezrules.com sell them, afaik.

but the major problem is that you need to measure your trem route, to see what good trem will fit in there... most of the time (with ibanez, at least) it's not just a straight swap, unfortunately...

Hmm, well whaddya know.
^ meh, I wouldn't worry ted, I only found out about the place because of here...

and that's one of the few places that do sell them (apart from dealers, and you'd pretty much have to prove that you already have an ibanez and are just getting a replacement to get them to get you one, i think...)

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
=/ That means I can't put one of 'em in my Squiers?? Dammit..
Quote by Mascot
Calm down.

I'm not saying it again.
You don't have a Squier, moron.

Yeh, Dave, I've seen that link a billion times, just never knew they sold those things. I remember someone saying that Ibanez doesn't want to have their stuff out on shelves, which is why they make people send back their JEM necks if they want a replacement. Just assumed it would be the same with their bridges.

And Christ, almost $300 for a ZR?
Quote by Mascot
You don't have a Squier, moron.

Yeh, Dave, I've seen that link a billion times, just never knew they sold those things. I remember someone saying that Ibanez doesn't want to have their stuff out on shelves, which is why they make people send back their JEM necks if they want a replacement. Just assumed it would be the same with their bridges.

And Christ, almost $300 for a ZR?

you think thats expensive what about for australians
^^ yeah, it's a lot. But if you have an ibanez s, for example it's probably as cheap as getting your s routed (as I assume would be necessary) for an OFR, for example.

And some people just plain like them better. Ditto the edge. A bit like the way some idiots think an engl is worth the £1000 extra over an AVT...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?