Hey guys. Since I purchased it a while ago, I've been considering putting EMG's in my Schecter Omen 6 (81 bridge/60 neck). But I recently read in another thread that EMG's aren't the greatest in basswood bodies, which is what my Omen has. Something about it cn muddy up the lows because of the softer wood... Anyways, I was wondering is this true? If so, what are some good choices of pickups to put into my guitar? I play mostly rock, stuff that leans toward metal (Metallica, Trivium, Avenged Sevenfold, etc.) I'm definitely a HUGE fan of Avenged Sevenfold, so yea.... any suggestions? thanks

~Rob
MY GEAR
Schecter Omen 6
Crate GT30
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by Raistincarnate

Yeah, Dragonforce is like having two Steve Vai's that were locked up with a DnD game and a guitar for twenty years and then started a band.
^ yea true

The Hellraiser avnger and c-1 fr

and the S1 elite and s1
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
are those just good for distortion? yes i play that, but im also very big on a good clean tone if i decide to use it. would they be able to give me that as well?
MY GEAR
Schecter Omen 6
Crate GT30
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS808
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by Raistincarnate

Yeah, Dragonforce is like having two Steve Vai's that were locked up with a DnD game and a guitar for twenty years and then started a band.
I'd stay away from invaders in basswood, that just seems like you'd get a real muddy tone. From what I've heard of A7x their tone isnt very good anyway.

You should check out the Duncan SH-10 pickups. the model name is "Full Shred" They're hot and good for modern tones.
i like invaders...
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
I got a hellraiser and my buddy got an omen and put in Seymour Duncans, he is happy with them and they are much cheaper than EMG's