Do you get tired of hearing a song after youv'e learned to play it? Everytime I hear one i've learned it's just a little more boring, so am I the only one who gets that?
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
it happens to me too. im about to play a song at a recital and ist the first time ive ever played with a band so ive been practiciing the song over and over. im sick of hearing it now
Sometimes when I learn a song I really really love a lot, it kind of takes the mystery out of it. Like, at first I'll think "How'd they do that? This is amazing!" but then I learn it and it's not as wonderful as it was.

Does that make sense?
^ Yeah, that definitely makes sense.

I felt that with CKY's 96 Quite Bitter Beings and Goldfinger's 99 Red Balloons cover, among more.

Anyways, kind of. I still enjoy lots of songs even after learning them - Muse's Plug In Baby being but one example
I dunno.

For one part I feel like I start to understand the author's artistic exploits in the song, the small subtle things that they do that you don't really notice at first.

But for another, it's like "hm, alright... now I know the song back to front." and I want to move on to something new.
Yeah, same happens to me.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
One of the reasons i put my guitar down when listening to little wing, cos i thought it would be blasphemous to lern it, I Loved that song, then just fiddled away one time and fully got it. I swear to god man i sat there lookin like i was chewin a wasp, like id just met my idol and he was a knob. And yes, it has got boring now lol
Grammar Nazi.
it only happens to me if i listen to it more then 2x in a row
if i listen to it daily it doesnt matter its still good
smells like teen spirit and last caress-the misfits are 2 songs i will never gte tired of hearing no matter what
^ Oh, I don't know...

Give SLTS a couple dozen more listens and I'll think it'll start to grate on you
It depends. Songs that are generic i get bored with after 2 or 3 listens anyway, but something way out of the ordinary, like Dream Theater's Hollow Years, i could listen to for hours even though i know hot to play it inside and out. And i mean the live version. The studio version sucks nuts.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by SenoirNacho
Sometimes when I learn a song I really really love a lot, it kind of takes the mystery out of it. Like, at first I'll think "How'd they do that? This is amazing!" but then I learn it and it's not as wonderful as it was.

Does that make sense?

I definitely identify with that. There are a few songs that I refuse to learn because I know they'd lose their mystery. I'd much rather take how a particular song makes me feel and try to recreate that in a song of my own, instead of trying to learn it and losing the feeling in the first place.

Although sometimes, learning a particular song makes me appreciate it even more... so it does work both ways.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.