Page 1 of 2
One of the best hardcore punk bands ever. I just can't stop listing to them, they are so ****ing good. They make me want to .
I really like them, but I like Fugazi more. I don't think you'd consider Fugazi hardcore, but they're still great.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
I really like them, but I like Fugazi more. I don't think you'd consider Fugazi hardcore, but they're still great.

Fugazi is a great band, but they were a huge influnce on emo bands.
I've heard that so much, but I just don't see how. Also, all of these new sucky bands always site great bands as influences, and I have no idea why.
i love minor threat. just incase you havent heard them, you might like bands such as fear, agnostic front, bane, lions, battlecat, and ante up

i would've thought this would be in the hardcore forum.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
I've heard that so much, but I just don't see how. Also, all of these new sucky bands always site great bands as influences, and I have no idea why.

I also dont see how Fugazi influenced emo bands.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
Well hardcore is now just an excuse to have no talent and still get rich. Minor Threat actually had talent.

Minor Threat started the whole stright-edge scene. They might have not been the greatest talented band but a huge influnce to hundreds of bands.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
Well hardcore is now just an excuse to have no talent and still get rich. Minor Threat actually had talent.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. There's very few 'mainstream' hardcore bands. What is hardcore to you? I think you're thinking about screamo or metalcore or something. Also there's alot of hardcore bands with talent, but there's some without, just like in every genre
Quote by ratm16
Minor Threat started the whole stright-edge scene. They might have not been the greatest talented band but a huge influnce to hundreds of bands.

I know Minor Threat was talented, I just mean that these new hardcore bands (not really hardcore punk but more hardcore metal) aren't talented because they just yell in a way that you can't understand them and play their instruments with no appealing sound what so ever.
U mean all those metalcore bands that just scream and after an album they can't scream anymore cause they lost their voice.
Quote by munchyy
I don't think you know what you're talking about. There's very few 'mainstream' hardcore bands. What is hardcore to you? I think you're thinking about screamo or metalcore or something. Also there's alot of hardcore bands with talent, but there's some without, just like in every genre

Yeah, I was talking about metalcore. I've heard it referred to hardcore before, sorry.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
I know Minor Threat was talented, I just mean that these new hardcore bands (not really hardcore punk but more hardcore metal) aren't talented because they just yell in a way that you can't understand them and play their instruments with no appealing sound what so ever.

That's metalcore and you called it hardcore. Real hardcore is way different and generally, kids who listen to real hardcore look down on metalcore, also a lot of kids that listen to metalcore are little fashioncore kids [ 'scene' kids/ 'show' kids ]

EDIT: just read above, no worries. theres a lot of kids around here who are just like, 'd00d you like hardcore! oh man you like hawthorne heights? they suck.'
Quote by munchyy
That's metalcore and you called it hardcore. Real hardcore is way different and generally, kids who listen to real hardcore look down on metalcore, also a lot of kids that listen to metalcore are little fashioncore kids [ 'scene' kids/ 'show' kids ]

At my school, there's a ton of kids (usually extremely preppy) that just listen to metalcore. They think it's the best **** out there, but it all sounds the same to me.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
At my school, there's a ton of kids (usually extremely preppy) that just listen to metalcore. They think it's the best **** out there, but it all sounds the same to me.

True that man, all the kids here are little fashioncore kids who think metalcore is hardcore. [ one tried to convince me norma jean was hardcore ].
Quote by munchyy
True that man, all the kids here are little fashioncore kids who think metalcore is hardcore. [ one tried to convince me norma jean was hardcore ].

You should try going to school where I do, there's not one person in the entire place that has a good taste in music (or atleast in my opinion). They're all christian and metalcore freaks, which I find to be two of the worst genres.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
You should try going to school where I do, there's not one person in the entire place that has a good taste in music (or atleast in my opinion). They're all christian and metalcore freaks, which I find to be two of the worst genres.

hahaha. most people here either think audioslave is the best or metallica is the best.
and they think hardcore is like screamo. it pisses me off.
Quote by munchyy
hahaha. most people here either think audioslave is the best or metallica is the best.
and they think hardcore is like screamo. it pisses me off.

Here it's all about As I Lay Dying (or whatever the **** they're called) and all the bands like that. I used to really be into Children of Bodom, but then when I wore their t-shirt, this one kid with horrible taste in music kept trying to talk to me about them, so that's stayed in my closet for a long time.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
Here it's all about As I Lay Dying (or whatever the **** they're called) and all the bands like that. I used to really be into Children of Bodom, but then when I wore their t-shirt, this one kid with horrible taste in music kept trying to talk to me about them, so that's stayed in my closet for a long time.

hhahahahhaa. all these kids are trying to tell me as i lay dyings 'hxc' and that theyre better then too pure to die. then these kids who were fashioncore 2 days ago think theyre hardcore cause they wear a bane hoodie and a flatrimmed hat.
Quote by munchyy
hhahahahhaa. all these kids are trying to tell me as i lay dyings 'hxc' and that theyre better then too pure to die. then these kids who were fashioncore 2 days ago think theyre hardcore cause they wear a bane hoodie and a flatrimmed hat.

Haha, I have to say there's not many kids that are into the whole fashioncore thing here. There's a few kids who think they're "gothic" because they listen to new Slipknot and System of a Down, but the rest pretty much just wear shirts with bible/jesus stuff on it.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
Haha, I have to say there's not many kids that are into the whole fashioncore thing here. There's a few kids who think they're "gothic" because they listen to new Slipknot and System of a Down, but the rest pretty much just wear shirts with bible/jesus stuff on it.

hahahah. here, if you goto a show about 1/4 of the kids are sitting down constantly pushing bangs otu from over their face, about half are punks and get really bitchy about hardcore dancing
Quote by ratm16
Fugazi is a great band, but they were a huge influnce on emo bands.

Actually, Emo was a big influence on Fugazi. Read about Emo.
Quote by munchyy
hahahah. here, if you goto a show about 1/4 of the kids are sitting down constantly pushing bangs otu from over their face, about half are punks and get really bitchy about hardcore dancing

You're lucky there are atleast decent shows to go to. I've only gone to one, which was Flogging Molly, and I had to drive a long ass time to get to it. The only place to see a show locally is some christian rock place.
hahaha, well, its pretty underground here. only like 150 kids maybe, unless its bands like lions or battlecat, where kids from port huron michigan will come. most people think shows are movies, and think theres only like one concert a year haha
Quote by MattTheArsonist
Actually, Emo was a big influence on Fugazi. Read about Emo.

Thanks, never heard about all of that before.
Quote by munchyy
hahaha, well, its pretty underground here. only like 150 kids maybe, unless its bands like lions or battlecat, where kids from port huron michigan will come. most people think shows are movies, and think theres only like one concert a year haha

Haha, I'm taking it you don't live in a little hick town like me.
haha well, sarnia only has a population of about 75000, but is pretty well known. across the border in michigan theres some sweet shows, london [ an hour away ] has good shwos and torontos only 3 hours away
Quote by munchyy
haha well, sarnia only has a population of about 75000, but is pretty well known. across the border in michigan theres some sweet shows, london [ an hour away ] has good shwos and torontos only 3 hours away

I should be getting my liscense in around two weeks, so maybe then I can drive to other towns to see if there's any decent local stuff there, but from the sounds of it I live in the most civilized part of the area. That's pretty scary if you'd see this place.
Quote by ratm16
I also dont see how Fugazi influenced emo bands.

Fugazi WAS and emo band.Emo wasnt the same thing then as it is now,just because a band was emo didnt mean they were bad.The now called emo music isnt really emo,its just ****ty new-wave labeled as emo.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
Quote by LastCaress88
Fugazi WAS and emo band.Emo wasnt the same thing then as it is now,just because a band was emo didnt mean they were bad.The now called emo music isnt really emo,its just ****ty new-wave labeled as emo.

Yeah, I read that article someone posted and I understand it now.
Quote by FloggingMolly62
I should be getting my liscense in around two weeks, so maybe then I can drive to other towns to see if there's any decent local stuff there, but from the sounds of it I live in the most civilized part of the area. That's pretty scary if you'd see this place.

haha **** man! what about edge fest? Im not sure how far you are from auburn, ny. but if you got out there that'd make up for the ****ty scene there.
damn,. im thinking about trying to get out there, i dont think i could miss it again!
Haha, I already got bitched at for going to a show too far away. It was a sunday night and my parents had no clue how long the Flogging Molly show would be, so they stayed up in Columbus while me and my brother went. They ended up riding around the ghetto for 6 hours.
Who the hell are you people?

And there were emo bands before Fugazi, but that band was not really punk, I would see them more as alternative.

Minor Threat is just boring
I agree with Fugazi not being punk. I think they get classified as punk just because ian Mackaye is in it. No matter what they are, they're still great.
I don't think Minor Threat is boring. I love their lyrics and they had great energy
Quote by munchyy
I don't think Minor Threat is boring. I love their lyrics and they had great energy

I have had the discography for over a year and i lieten to it every day. I never get board with it. But now i have to buy the dvd.
Page 1 of 2