I cant find any Dean ML bodies any where! only on ebay, but I hate thoes bodies. Mahogany bodies are no good to make this kind of guitar.

I might not like slipknot all that much but I love Mick Thompsons guitar, the blood red Ibanez with the black hard wear. I would love to make a ML like that only without the floyd rose and the "Seven" inlay.

Is there some where i can get a NORMAL sized ml body? Not that baby ml thing..

I tryed the links in the stickies but there are none there.

Last edited by Andrewsonfire at Jun 15, 2006,
what the fuck are you asking man?.............

ok i re-read it, very slowly this time. tried and true source for bodies is warmoth, they can cut pretty much any shape for you, any wood, etc. and as for the inlays, you could do them yourself (not easy) or have a luthier do it (expensive)
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"
i think he is asking, where can he get a good non mahogony NoN Baby ML Series body,\\

if your looking for a guitar with a mick thompson tone then you should get mahogony...mahognony is one of the best choices for metal toned guitars.

i think thats whut he is asking,

why not get the blank of wood and do it yourself, not hard just time consuming
Jesus, im asking where i can find a Dean ML alder body. would alder be the best wood to paint this colour?

EDIT: Mick thompsons body is mahogany..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DEAN-ML-guitar-body-mahogany-Dimebag-darrell_W0QQitemZ7422675734QQcategoryZ41406QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would I be able to make this look like thompsons guitar?
Quote by Andrewsonfire
Mahogany bodies are no good to make this kind of guitar.

Mahogony is one of the most used woods by luthiers and companies..

All Gibsons Use Mahogony,

Dimebag's ML Series Was either a mahogony solid body or a mahogony body wityh a flame maple top.

My point here is that Mahogony is a great hardwood used on most guitars (quality electric specifically)

get facts straight, Alder is also a good choice, cheaper, and most stratocasters are made ou of 1, 2, or 3 piece alder bodies....

All depends on your taste, just wanting to let you know that the qoute (above) is a false fact which is in fact your opinion.

*EDIT*

The ebay body you gave a link for is for a cheaper non floyd routed Dean ML series
NOT MADE OUT OF MAHOGONY paulowina is the actual wood, its said to be a form of Mahogony, Dont know how good it is, ask around for people who have experience with that wood
Last edited by Schecter-06 at Jun 15, 2006,
Quote by Schecter-06
Mahogony is one of the most used woods by luthiers and companies..

All Gibsons Use Mahogony,

Dimebag's ML Series Was either a mahogony solid body or a mahogony body wityh a flame maple top.

My point here is that Mahogony is a great hardwood used on most guitars (quality electric specifically)

get facts straight, Alder is also a good choice, cheaper, and most stratocasters are made ou of 1, 2, or 3 piece alder bodies....

All depends on your taste, just wanting to let you know that the qoute (above) is a false fact which is in fact your opinion.

*EDIT*

The ebay body you gave a link for is for a cheaper non floyd routed Dean ML series
NOT MADE OUT OF MAHOGONY paulowina is the actual wood, its said to be a form of Mahogony, Dont know how good it is, ask around for people who have experience with that wood

Yeah, I really dont know what im doing.. I dont care about what kind of wood it is, to my ear it doesnt make that much of a difference.. This guitar is more for looks anyways. Just to say i built a guitar is cool to.
umm, yea if you dont know anything of building a guitar then, you really should read up on it.

Also it doesnt count for you building a guitar if you buy parts and just assemble it....

also the wood makes a huge difference, EX: Plywood Squire Bullets : Mahogny Les Paul.....

what sounds better?
which has better sustain?better tone???

if you just wanna get premade stuff and assemble it and you dont care about what you are using and the wood doesnt matter to you or your ears then why are you asking us questions about the wood.....just do whatever you want i geuss, there isnt really much helping you since you ask about wood but dont care what you get cuz it sounds the same to you, go make one outta ply wood if its just gonna sit there in ur room for looks.
You could always buy an older washburn dime, some were alder (i think) with set necks.

That first dean you linked is one from the $150 musiciansfriend.com ml, the dude selling those bodies is also selling the necks for over $90 (what a steal right?).

This one ends soon

A cheaper 332

I guess it all depends on your plans.
Quote by Schecter-06
umm, yea if you dont know anything of building a guitar then, you really should read up on it.

Also it doesnt count for you building a guitar if you buy parts and just assemble it....

also the wood makes a huge difference, EX: Plywood Squire Bullets : Mahogny Les Paul.....

what sounds better?
which has better sustain?better tone???

if you just wanna get premade stuff and assemble it and you dont care about what you are using and the wood doesnt matter to you or your ears then why are you asking us questions about the wood.....just do whatever you want i geuss, there isnt really much helping you since you ask about wood but dont care what you get cuz it sounds the same to you, go make one outta ply wood if its just gonna sit there in ur room for looks.

I wanted to know because i didnt know if its easier to paint or what.
Quote by antigonish3
You could always buy an older washburn dime, some were alder (i think) with set necks.

That first dean you linked is one from the $150 musiciansfriend.com ml, the dude selling those bodies is also selling the necks for over $90 (what a steal right?).

This one ends soon

A cheaper 332

I guess it all depends on your plans.

Thanks, man. I think thats what ill do.
Quote by Andrewsonfire
Jesus, im asking where i can find a Dean ML alder body. would alder be the best wood to paint this colour?

EDIT: Mick thompsons body is mahogany..

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DEAN-ML-guitar-body-mahogany-Dimebag-darrell_W0QQitemZ7422675734QQcategoryZ41406QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would I be able to make this look like thompsons guitar?

why alder? that makes no sense
"insert witty somewhat racial, innapropriate, degrading comment here"