So, I just finished recording the guitar part for a song I'm trying to make. Please listent to it and let me know what you think. I used my Ibanez for it. Song. It is the "Metal Guitar Part rough" I will crit for crit. Thanks!
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Quote by dewthedew2323
very good
whats your setup?
alot of cool ideas no timing issues
we've got a winner

CfC?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377273

thanks. it's still just a rough copy and I'm definately going to touch it up and try to improve it still. my setup is just my Ibanez into my Scott Ian Black-13 pedal, right into the Tascam multitrack recorder. i'll crit yours
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Sounds tight. I like it.

If I were to nit pick, I'd say there were too much symbols on the drum which drowned out the cool guitar riffs. I'd probably try and get a little more edge out of the amp/modeller.

Good job!
Quote by Chazzy29
Sounds tight. I like it.

If I were to nit pick, I'd say there were too much symbols on the drum which drowned out the cool guitar riffs. I'd probably try and get a little more edge out of the amp/modeller.

Good job!

lol i think ur looking at the wrong one cause there isn't any drums in the Metal Guitar Part rough. my bad though for not making it clear which one
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!
Alright, I listened to Metal 1. That's what I was talking about.

Metal rough: Feels like a less speedy and less aggressive toned Slayer.

Do you have that memorized or do u make stuff up as you go and re listen to it to decide what riffs you'll use to make a song?

80% of my work is just made up as I go... build it on feel and emotions.

I like your riffs.
Quote by Chazzy29
Alright, I listened to Metal 1. That's what I was talking about.

Metal rough: Feels like a less speedy and less aggressive toned Slayer.

Do you have that memorized or do u make stuff up as you go and re listen to it to decide what riffs you'll use to make a song?

80% of my work is just made up as I go... build it on feel and emotions.

I like your riffs.

thanks for the feedback. to answer your question, i guess i make up at least some of the riffs before hand but when i hit that record button i bs it as far as sequence and what i actually play and some stuff just progresses through it. i then, like you said, go back and listen to it to see what i like or dislike
Quote by ukdudeinuk
Go whippingpost!!