im going crazy im having trouble writing music to go with my lyrics any suggestions would be GREATLY APPRIECIATED!!!!!!!
Sing the first note of they lyrics, then find the matching tone. Use that as the building blocks of your piece. If you can't do that, then harmonize your voice with a desirable tone, and go from there.
just get stoned and right **** down
My Gear
Fender Jagstang
Squier Strat
Crate 120w 212XR
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender DG-100 Aucoustic
thx everyone but one more thing im the only guitarist in my gruop so should i play rytme or lead.i know some bands have both but like the redhot chilipeppers only have 1 so im not sure wat to do any suggestions
Quote by metalguitarist8
thx everyone but one more thing im the only guitarist in my gruop so should i play rytme or lead.i know some bands have both but like the redhot chilipeppers only have 1 so im not sure wat to do any suggestions
Play both. Lead is very hard to do while you're singing, but you can play some rhythm while you sing and then play a solo.
hell yea thx so what your tellin me to do is o say play a rhythm guitar part until the point comes for a solo/intro/ or an outro and then i switch from playin rhthym to playing lead is that wat you mean?
Quote by metalguitarist8
hell yea thx so what your tellin me to do is o say play a rhythm guitar part until the point comes for a solo/intro/ or an outro and then i switch from playin rhthym to playing lead is that wat you mean?
You obviously can't do double guitar parts, so you have to play whatever your band writes or covers. It's very difficult to sing and play technical stuff (solos) at the same time, so you're best bet is to play rhythm until you're not singing and then wail away.

Of course, if you can play solos and sing at the same time, don't hesitate to do so.
thx man you kick a#$ and now that i think about it that seems to be how red hot chili peppers along with many other bands do it thx man
Quote by metalguitarist8
thx man you kick a#$ and now that i think about it that seems to be how red hot chili peppers along with many other bands do it thx man
You're welcome.
about writing melodies for lyrics--try to draw attention to certain words by, say, having a long note on it, having several notes on the same syllable (called "melisma"), jumping a big interval on it, or whatever else you can think of. also the mood of the song will help you think of rhythm ideas.
figure what key goes well with ur singing octave and play under that key.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]

Try to do the Hendrix thing, if you can. Start with a rhythm, then mess it up a little. For example, if you have an E-D-A progression, play the E and D part, but then do a quick lead lick in place of the A.

Or, if i suits the song better, just stick with rhythm until the time comes for a solo, like Black Sabbath did.

And above all else, when you're the only guitarist in the band, make sure you have a damn good bassist.