i just got my new mim hss strat today in the mail. everything works fine except that after i got playing it, it went outta tune a little. it tuned itself down. i don't know buyt maybe its the factory strings? or maybe its because the strings are only wrapped around the tuning pegs twice. could either of these be the reason why its coming untuned?
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Metal stretches and moves. It just happens. Unless it is going WAY out of tune, it isn't a big deal.

New strings also tend to go out of tune a lot, too. See what happens after a few days of playing.
the strings are probly new. new strings tend to do that, just work em in a lil and it should stop
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Quote by TorturedSoul666
Cause it's a strat. :-P

god i would hope not.

well anywhoo so i didnt blow $400 on a guitar that goes outta tune....thank god!!!
thank you 94 hours and bangoodcharlote, now i can sleep at night
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
stretch your strings dude. Tune them a half step up from normal and play for a little bit and then tune them back down to regular. Always works for me. But yeah this is very very common don't worry about it.
Quote by A_New_Level
GhostOfYou just moved up a notch in my book

Quote by The Virtuoso
You are one badassmother****er TheGhostofYou.

Member of the "I don't celebrate Christmas" Club. PM paintitblack39 with the presents you're NOT getting.
take your right hand and stretch the strings while there in tune then they will be outta tune and you tune up and repeat like four times each string it will stop.
Quote by VR6 Stoner
are you going to town on the whammy bar???

i wish i could and make it sound more than just random noise lol

edit: thanks guys for not flaming my nooby question. i was getting worried there because my cheap strat knockoff holds tune perfectly lol
My Rig
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Either theyre new strings and or you need to tighten your machine heads
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"