Page 1 of 2
im lookin at getting a new guitar here in month or so,and im a kind of person that really wants to buy like 15 guitars at once...but ive been looking at a schecter damien fr..b/c it has emgs and a floyd rose, and i hear very good things on schecters, but i also like v style guitars, what would be a good v with a floyd rose, maybe some SD or emgs..but im jus looking for a good floyd to use..any other guitars i could look at..less than 550....b/c thats my limit..thnx for any help..
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
are you talkin about flying V's or what? But ESP makes good Flying V's and Gibson made the Original awesomeness
Unburnzing consists of 1 simple step:Unburnzing

Quote by yawn
Nice user name
Love live metal

Quote by J0NNYBRAV0
ive seen these before. one guy sold 2 air guitars, for $2 each or something. people are retarded, what can i say.
Jackson rhoads or king Vs
i have a rhoads and it kicks assssssssssssssssssssssssssss
yea flying v's...but one with a flyd at least...or if any one else has a guitar for less than 600, or 550(more so my limit) tell me

are the floyds on the RR3 any good, do they hold tune well, and same with the kelly...im lookin at some jackson on music123.com and the v's and the kelly look really good, but how well are the tremelos

Private in the 7>6

Last edited by punkMETALskater at Jun 16, 2006,
id say esp if you want a floyd. personally id love a gibson flying v, that one doesnt have a floyd though
Quote by punkMETALskater
yea flying v's...but one with a flyd at least...or if any one else has a guitar for less than 600, or 550(more so my limit) tell me

are the floyds on the RR3 any good, do they hold tune well, and same with the kelly...im lookin at some jackson on music123.com and the v's and the kelly look really good, but how well are the tremelos

The trems are improved upon last years. They have a hardened steel baseplate and something else. The only thing I would say is to change strings for more tension. 9-42s don't put enough tension on the springs in the back so when you pull up on the tremolo it's very jerky and not smooth at all. I put some 9-50s on my RR3 and the the trem is super smooth. Plays beautifully. It's comparable to a Ibanez ZR trem i played yesterday. The only thing is that it probably won't last for long.
[quote=".The only thing is that it probably won't last for long.[/QUOTE"]

what do you mean by that...the floyd doesnt last..or the product wont be out very long

Private in the 7>6

there is no such thing as a good V guitar. they all suck.
Jazzer by day, rocker by night

Gear:

Washburn Lyon- (my mate)- Maverick
Fender Acoustic- (my brother)- Lou
and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Reference 54 Alto Saxophone (my baby)- Apollo
Quote by sAxcrazedguitar
there is no such thing as a good V guitar. they all suck.

i didnt ask for that so fu¢k u...

Private in the 7>6

Yeah Epiphone is owned by Gibson. Not crazy about flying v's, I don't really have any constructive input.
DANCE BITCH!!
I personally think Flying Vs look great, iv never played one so i cant comment but apprently they are great for rock.

Mark Bolan used one all the time
how much was your gibson with the emgs...^^..

Private in the 7>6

Quote by punkMETALskater
how much was your gibson with the emgs...^^..

Guitar was £500 back in '99 and the EMGs where bought off ebay for £90.

It's a limited edition gothic V so it'd be pretty hard to find one now.
man...i really like that...what about an epiphone goth with emgs...would that be a good set-up..?

Private in the 7>6

and maybe get another guitar with a floyd later on...or install one later...

Private in the 7>6

Pretty much the same I would of thought just wouldn't look quite as pretty or play as nice. Just try out the V before you buy.
Last edited by Tubey at Jun 16, 2006,
Quote by punkMETALskater
i didnt ask for that so fu¢k u...

you asked what a good V guitar was. I told you. they all suck. don't waste your money. buy something with class.

Gear:

and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
Quote by sAxcrazedguitar
you asked what a good V guitar was. I told you. they all suck. don't waste your money. buy something with class.

im not gonna take someones oppion like yours serious b/c i hate people like u...so plz fu¢k off.....and v's have class....there are alot of guitars with class, but id like one that fits what i asked for...take ur oppion to another thread...

Private in the 7>6

Quote by punkMETALskater
im not gonna take someones oppion like yours serious b/c i hate people like u...so plz fu¢k off.....and v's have class....there are alot of guitars with class, but id like one that fits what i asked for...take ur oppion to another thread...

you are ridiculous. You can't handle other people's opinions. So, I don't like V's. It shouldn't bother you taht much. I personally think they're ugly and would buy a Strat over them any day. If you think Strats are ****, I wouldn't really care about your opinion. You shouldn't ask a question and then get pissed when people answer you.

Gear:

and my favorite

Selmer Hummingbird
I find that once you get a V and get used to the way it feels between your legs you don't wana put anything else there.
The newest Gibson and Epiphone V's have like a pad on the lower wing, i guess its so you can sit down and play. <--Random info

I've seen a B.C Rich V, moderatly priced, i know their cheap guitars suck. But this one is like $400-$600, don't really remember.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
its a good guitar.....the bc rich (but im bais towards them)

but the RR3 is a nice guitar..ima get one soonish then mod it like crazy
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
If I were you I'd just save up for a higher end flying v with an ORIGINAL floyd rose. Those are much better.

The problem with licensed ones is that they teeth edges or whatever you want to call them wear away very quickly.
but he could swap out the LFR directly for an OFR when it wears out.
Quote by punkMETALskater
what do you mean by that...the floyd doesnt last..or the product wont be out very long

The floyd. I abuse it like hell. It's knife edges or whatever will probably wear out soon so I'm going to slap a proper floyd pro in it. The routing for the jackson Low pro is the same as a floyd pro so it's easy peasy.
sAxcrazedguitar dude he asked what good V guitars he should look at because he wants a flying V, he didnt ask on opinions on V guitars so if you have nothing to say then dont bother wasting your time posting. if you need to let out your opinion on how much you think they suck then make your own thread on it.
Hey man, whoever said a Dean 79 Series V was good is correct! Mine plays like a beaut and I wouldn't trade it for anything! Well maybe, but you get what I mean!
Dean V's are awesome, you should seriously look at them. I have a Dean VX and it pwnzorizes my PRS and all other axes in my room.
Jackson Rhoads & King V's are good, I have a Rhoads and it's really good.

Gibson V's are okay, Epiphone V's are okay also.
Quote by sAxcrazedguitar

You like Creed. What do you know about class?
Page 1 of 2