what the hell does a flanger do? a lot of people use them, and i was just wondering. do they give a punchy sound like the guitars in breaking benjamin, and if they dont what would?
thanks
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
it gives off this werid sound that is kind of hard to explain, listen to some van halen (and the cradle will rock..., Unchained) for some examples.
"All Randy ever wanted to do was play the guitar."

Quote by Xenn99
Or...were you playing Fallout Boy? Because then it's obvious what happened. Your Low E String committed suicide.

"I don't fucking eat donuts"
thanks for movin it
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join
you're welcome
now could someone tell me how to get a biting tone like breaking benjamin
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
I'm listening to the 1st song and it sounds really echoy...... maybe they use alot of reverb?
Quote by bassmo_part2
Embryodead even if she was the hottest thing on the planet, there are lines you just don't cross and on my side of the line we don't finger our sisters.

they deffinatly use alot of distortion and treble, from what I'm hearing
Quote by bassmo_part2

The GG&A forum has a couple of strickies which can help with your questions, if further advice is needed post in there. Closed!