would this be a good trade? Im really into classic rock/thrash metal type of thing , like a maiden/GNR/sex pistols sound right now
I got no job
I got no car
but im in a band:-)

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Peavy transtube 112 bandit -
If you like them more, yes it is.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
one guy on the canadian guitar forums, said just to put two pickups in, umm they were ....SD PUs, jazz in the neck and a Custom5 in the bridge, thats what he put in, and said thats the sound i want, what do guys think? oh and myy bassit keeps saying that its not a good trade, it would be more of a down grade, not a upgrade, but i really love the les paul body, and the SZ horns piss me off, i dont like them touching my stomach lol
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
personally id never trade my SZ for anything. the SZ has the same tone wood as the les paul so the sound wouldnt be differnt. just get Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro's for that GNR sound, thats what slash uses. and they'll work for the other stuff too. and personally, the SZ's neck feels way better, the LP necks are rather fat. but its your guitar so do what makes you happy, but personally i wouldnt do it.
What's the high end Epi? An Elitist? If it's an Elitist, go for it. It won't be *great* for shred, but it will be possible. It will fit your other music preferences great though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
epi= epiphone...i dont know how u got ETH, when the first 3 letters are EPI lol
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Last edited by Macank at Jun 16, 2006,
oh ok then never mind, but i said LP right after epip anyways ...
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
ETH? Where did I say that?

Are you on LSD?

Epiphone's high end is the Elitist Series. Are you trading for an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul, or just a regular Epiphone Les paul?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Macank
oh ok then never mind, but i said LP right after epip anyways ...

that is true but he probally ment which LP. and the Elitist was just a suggestion.
...YES I MEANT WHICH EPI! There are quite a few Epi LP models. Not just one. To tell you if it's a good trade or not, I need to know what Epi you're trading for. "Epi LP" could stand for 25+ different guitars. How am I supposed to know which one it is? I'm not a f*cking mind reader you know.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
...YES I MEANT WHICH EPI! There are quite a few Epi LP models. Not just one. To tell you if it's a good trade or not, I need to know what Epi you're trading for. "Epi LP" could stand for 25+ different guitars. How am I supposed to know which one it is? I'm not a f*cking mind reader you know.

yeah for all we know it could be a Special II and the guys just ripping you off. but i doubt that, Macank's hopefully smarter then that.
well i was looking through a couple EPIPHONE LES PAUL CUSTOMS lol, at a music store the other day, but i dont know if it would be a good trade in
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
I'm looking at SZ's right now and even the cheapest on I can find (SZ320) is still a better guitar than the Epi LP Custom. If it were and Epi Elitist LP Custom, I'd say go for it. But, since it's just the regular Epi LP Custom, I'd say keep your SZ for now and save for an Epi Elitist.

Oh, one last thing, Low end Gibsons suck. If you're going to buy a Gibson, do yourself a favor and at least get a LP Studio. It's the only one I'd consider buying. And even then I'd only buy it if Epi Elitist LP's got wiped off the face of the earth.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
oh ok, but how does the Epiphone Elitist LP compare to the LP copies of Agile from rondo?
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Don't buy from your local store, try the one out you like and buy it online. U won't have to pay taxes, and it will be cheaper. Just hope the shipping isn't more than $30
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Macank
oh ok, but how does the Epiphone Elitist LP compare to the LP copies of Agile from rondo?

The Elitist is better.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Which ibanez SZ model you have? If you put new pickups in that baby then it'll be better than any epi les paul except a elitist maybe.

The horns piss you off? Personally, I rather have a set-neck neck guitar with excellent high fret access and smooth as hell joint than an epi les paul.

If the looks matter that much to you, then go for it.
Last edited by TTHX at Jun 16, 2006,
Quote by timi_hendrix
The Elitist is better.

even the agile LPs that are like 500 and up?
...and i have the 320 SZ model
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
agile (500$ for highest model) is not going to out do a Epi elitest( Around 1000$)
But just buy new Pups and tuners and stuff for the sz
If I had 1000 $ and was looking at both I would get a agile and put new Everything in and it would out do the elitest ,easily .
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Last edited by isan at Jun 16, 2006,
if the elitest is around 1000 dollars, im not going to get it, i can just go buy myself a gibson SG faded special off musiciansfriend,
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
****ty? To me the faded special has a better tone than any LP
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Quote by Macank
****ty? To me the faded special has a better tone than any LP

Then you're ears haven't developed good tone recognition yet. Sorry, but any Gibson under the LP Studio or Standard SG are pretty much garbage. They'll sound *decent* in most cases, but nothing special. Even my ears can tell that a low end Gibson just doesn't sound like a $700-$1000 guitar. With any Gibson you're paying a lot for the name. Just because a Gibson guitar costs $700+ doesn't mean that it's $700+ of quality. I would say that the Gibson Faded Special would probably be equal to an Epiphone Vintage G-400. The Vintage G-400 costs $299 on musiciansfriend.com. The Gibson Faded Special was $750 the last time I checked on the same site.

As for the Epi Elitists, they are just as good as any non-custom shop Gibson. They're made with the same materials. Hell, they even has Gibson USA hardware, wiring and pickups. They also have MUCH better tuners. Elitists have Grovers, while Gibson uses their cheap-o "vintage" tuners-which are considered by all but the biggest Gibson fanboys to be garbage tuners. Grovers are MUCH better.

You can find Epiphone Elitist LP Customs for ~$900. Around $450-$500 used and in good condition. Now, Elitist SGs, on the other hand, are MUCH cheaper. But they're harder to find because they're discontinued. They go for about $580 new if you can find them. Probably $300-$400 used.

Any Elitist will blow an Agile out of the water. Agiles are nice guitars and everything, but they're more beginner-intermediate level guitars. The Elitists will be much better. Like I said, they're just as good as any non-custom shop Gibson.
They're professional level guitars. And, if you notice, more and more bands are using Epiphones lately. Bands that could have any guitars they want, and they pick up Epiphone Elitists. That tells you something.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^ uh dude amps and pickups have to do with about 95 percent of your tone
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
just for my prefence i played through alot of guitars and the tone that stood out for me was the faded special , it had that crunch i loved
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Quote by isan
^ uh dude amps and pickups have to do with about 95 percent of your tone

It's actually about 80% of your tone. You also get a lot of tone from the quality of the wood in the guitar. Going by your logic, a plywood guitar would sound nearly the same as a Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul through the same amp with the same pickups.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Macank
just for my prefence i played through alot of guitars and the tone that stood out for me was the faded special , it had that crunch i loved

That's the pickups-not the guitar. If you played them all through the same amp with the same settings, it was the pickups. The body's wood won't give you a "crunch," but the pickups will. So, with a simple pickup change, the Epiphone Vintage G-400 SG will sound nearly identical.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
epi elitist, gibson studio, or epi classic plus with a pickup swap. Whatever you do don't get epiphone les paul Customs or standards or lower.
The Epi Classics are the same as the Standards and Customs. Same guitar with different looks.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Personally I despise les pauls . About the plywood thing , dude I never meant it like that I meant QUALITY woods liek alder basswood mahogany and the hole bunch , But his guitar IS MAHOGANY and good stuff to , so changing the PUPS will solve 99% of the problem

AND WHY IN GODS NAME AM I ARGUING WITH A MG PLAYER!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Boss Gt-8
Quote by isan
Personally I despise les pauls . About the plywood thing , dude I never meant it like that I meant QUALITY woods liek alder basswood mahogany and the hole bunch , But his guitar IS MAHOGANY and good stuff to , so changing the PUPS will solve 99% of the problem

AND WHY IN GODS NAME AM I ARGUING WITH A MG PLAYER!

lol i know, he said i was tone deaf, he plays with an MG lol
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Quote by Macank
lol i know, he said i was tone deaf, he plays with an MG lol

And? I'm not proclaiming my MG as some kind of amazing amp. And you know, you really shouldn't criticize someone who's trying to help you out you stupid f*ck.

And to the other guy-you're a moron. You don't even know what the hell you're arguing about. Your only way out was to use the "oh he has an MG so he must suck" card.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^^^ well to even buy a MG would show some bad choice in tone
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Quote by Macank
^^^ well to even buy a MG would show some bad choice in tone

dude, he probly got it as a starter amp as we all do, get ****ty amps then, and then realize our mistakes, so chill buddy.

now dont be a ****ing turd either, the SZ with up-d pups will be cheaper for you so you can spend more money on ur amp rather than your guitar, because as stated, 80% is the friggin amp. the difference between an Epi Elitist and an SZ with Pup upgrades through the same amp is VERY VERY small. except for the fact that imo the SZ has better fret access, is lighter, and just feels better.
Quote by mangablade
dude, he probly got it as a starter amp as we all do, get ****ty amps then, and then realize our mistakes, so chill buddy.

now dont be a ****ing turd either, the SZ with up-d pups will be cheaper for you so you can spend more money on ur amp rather than your guitar, because as stated, 80% is the friggin amp. the difference between an Epi Elitist and an SZ with Pup upgrades through the same amp is VERY VERY small. except for the fact that imo the SZ has better fret access, is lighter, and just feels better.

dude your so gay, hah, were gay, haha your gay buddy, **** i asked you yesterday what pups i should put in! relpy you **** face!
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Quote by Macank
dude your so gay, hah, were gay, haha your gay buddy, **** i asked you yesterday what pups i should put in! relpy you **** face!

yeah i know haha