I'm kind of new to writing songs..I always just wrote poems before...

When I write songs I have a tendency to make them political, I'm not sure why.

I just wrote this today, I rather like it:::

Ignorance, it's your disguise,
flashing bliss into our eyes.
Confirmed deaf, don't hear the lies,
silence rings as freedom dies.

CHORUS:
Handicapped by implantation,
kills all threat of concentration.
Destroy need for information,
warn against a realization.

Led by culture, turns us blind,
placing thoughts into our minds.
Re-taught truth and sense of crime,
to your words dutifully bind.

CHORUS

What is left of how we think?
The body counts begun to shrink.
The war has landed at our feet,
brainwashed so we admit defeat.

The record skips but we don't know,
just keep our eyes dug in the show.
Relax and let the hatred soothe,
let their opinions guide you through.

Open your eyes, and realize, to your surprise, it's all disguise.
Indigo,
Indigoing,
Indigone.
dude that kicks ass, i like that last part. this song looks like somthin SOAD would write, great job
Unburnzing consists of 1 simple step:Unburnzing

Quote by yawn
Nice user name
Love live metal

Quote by J0NNYBRAV0
ive seen these before. one guy sold 2 air guitars, for $2 each or something. people are retarded, what can i say.
Quote by korn is god
dude that kicks ass, i like that last part. this song looks like somthin SOAD would write, great job

My thoughts...except...
Much better than anything they could write, very good...
Although the last four lines bother me a bit, I'm not sure how it would sound if repeated four times...I get a bit tangled up reading it for some reason...but it's your song, and hey...do what you want with it!
Awesome.

FinestImagery

Keep writing!
...Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein...
It seems pretty cool. I'm not much on political stuff though. It just seems like a musical bandwagon that way too many people hop on. Otherwise, its a good write. In my opinion though we are not fighting a war of ignorace we are fighting a war of mistake. We went in under false information and now its too late to get out. The job has to be finished. Just think about how our reputation would be if we just picked up and left.
Quote by FinestImagery
My thoughts...except...
Much better than anything they could write, very good...
Although the last four lines bother me a bit, I'm not sure how it would sound if repeated four times...I get a bit tangled up reading it for some reason...but it's your song, and hey...do what you want with it!
Awesome.

FinestImagery

Keep writing!

Yeah..the music's done to that song, too..it speeds up for the bridge..the whole song until then is fairly slow...then those last four lines it goes much faster..
When I originally wrote the song that line wasn't repeated at all, but after I wrote the music it needed repeated..

Thanks for liking it,
J Hall
Indigo,
Indigoing,
Indigone.
Quote by kpasa01
It seems pretty cool. I'm not much on political stuff though. It just seems like a musical bandwagon that way too many people hop on. Otherwise, its a good write. In my opinion though we are not fighting a war of ignorace we are fighting a war of mistake. We went in under false information and now its too late to get out. The job has to be finished. Just think about how our reputation would be if we just picked up and left.

It's not about the War in Iraq...at all...thanks for calling it a good write, but you misunderstood it.

I agree though, that our reputation would be destroyed if we did that, and you are right about that, but the song isn't about anything in the Middle East..It's basically about controlled media and how people take their opinions from what they hear on the TV and how this has allowed the government to make their "mistakes" as you called it, and us not know/care.
Indigo,
Indigoing,
Indigone.