it's more musical IMO

I'm sure I'll get flamed for that

but I'm pretty sure famous classical composers would have liked shred over riffs..

good shred, not mindless ****

if you're a mindless shredder you suck **** and go die

there's a massive difference between mindless and not.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Do you think that some people are under the mindless idea that it's a competition of who's fastest without the actual creativity to make something musically appealing?
Some people might think that's it, when I shred mindlessly (well not really sometimes) I play a scale or whatever, in a way it's mindless, but then again, it aint.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
Quote by SpIkE27Z
it's more musical IMO

I'm sure I'll get flamed for that

but I'm pretty sure famous classical composers would have liked shred over riffs..

good shred, not mindless ****

if you're a mindless shredder you suck **** and go die

there's a massive difference between mindless and not.

i flamed you in my mind. i didnt want to post it here coz i dont want to get banned.
seriously, ive never found out really. its so not musical, i cant say even thats my opinion coz i cant understand why someone would fell different.
if you played alot of classical music on electric guitar, idiot "shredders" would be like zomg shred!

a true shredder is more then just playing fast, that's the slightest of it. **** fast. the fastest of fastest is retarded. for perfect shred listen to laiho or symphony x. that's what shred should be.

people who play arpeggios over and over as fast as they can in one form are mindless shredders who suck.

and usually shredders play heavey riffs better than anyone. laiho/symphony x again
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.