Hey everyone, I havent recorded much lately, but this is one of the only things Ive been able to slightly finish at all. An older song, but finally recorded, tell me what you think, possibly what it needs for improvement etc.. check it out at my dmusic site:

It's ambiguously called "Rural Speech"

CLICK ME TO GO TO DMUSIC SITE!

Anyone crits/listens are much appreciated! Feel free to leave links to anything you'd like me to hear! Thanks again.
I really liked it. It reminded me alot of Elliott Smith. Not much to say really. Just out of interest, how many guitar tracks are there? Great song
samoo, what exactly are you talking about? The guitars?

Zeppelin, I have to disagree about the Elliott Smith comparison, but there is the one rhythm, then there's two seperate leads over that at one point, and then I didn't want a traditional solo, thus there's also that sort of reverbed out swelling guitar.

Thanks for checking it out guys, much appreciated!
It was really good excpet for the lyrics. I really didnt like the lyrics. The music was good and the singing was good too, though.
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Quote by Silenced
samoo, what exactly are you talking about? The guitars?

Zeppelin, I have to disagree about the Elliott Smith comparison, but there is the one rhythm, then there's two seperate leads over that at one point, and then I didn't want a traditional solo, thus there's also that sort of reverbed out swelling guitar.

Thanks for checking it out guys, much appreciated!

Perhaps it doesn't sound like Elliott Smith - I was listening him just before opening it and I guess it was the first thing that sprung to mind. I thought the opening sounded like two or more tracks but I wasn't sure. I had a reason for asking but I've forgotten now
Quote by Shoestick
It was really good excpet for the lyrics. I really didnt like the lyrics. The music was good and the singing was good too, though.

Heh, thanks for the crit, but may I ask exactly what you didn't like about the lyrics? Too whiney/personal?
Well to be honest... it wasnt so much that the lyrics were bad as much as the song was good. I mean, when I was listening to the beginning I was like... 'wow... this has the potential to be a really good song' and the lyrics just kind of didnt meet what I thought they would be. Its more of a content thing than anything else... its kind of hard to explain.

'Whats wrong with this town/all the people here sing the same song"

That is a really good line. But 'the words that I dread to hear/have never sounded so clear' was just kind of... 'meh.' It seemed pretty generic.

But on second listen I can honestly say, of anything Ive heard on UG, youre music has got to be the stuff that I would say is most likely to actually go on and become successful. Its really good.
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Again, you have most definitely the highest quality stuff I've ever heard on UG. Very nice. I don't like it as much as your last two folk songs for some reason, but I don't really have a reason why, so I guess I can't help you there. This is still getting added to my playlist, just like the other three songs on your site (you took down all the other ones!). You may want to consider adding some light keyboard or strings to this like you other songs. They would go really well behind the lead lines.

Some highlights:
The swelling guitar was very nice.
The opening guitar sounds like two or three. If it's just one, I have to say that's very impressive.
The two leads are just beautiful. I like how that don't exactly harmonize, but are two different lines in their own right. Lovely. You have great compositional talents.

I would really appreciate someone of your talents to offer their opinions/suggestions on some of my work:
March in D minor (only because it's my latest)
In the Tail of the Comet
The Harp's Dawn
Tidal Jazz (not actually very jazzy, just some jazz chords)
Wondrous Space, Beginning and End