alot of shredders use some sot of jazz pics or something .can u tell me what are they called and which company makes them.i think gilbert and sme other shredders use them dnt knw wch 1 exactly pls help.
dunlop makes some nice jazz picks... im not sure what gilbert uses though
<Han> I love Hitler
This is the Jim Dunlop Jazz III, nylon.

If you ask me, i'd prefer the Paul Gilbert model, celuloid.

Zoooom~

Note* The Paul Gilbert sig. pick have 2 different similar kinds. The black and the white color have embeded fonts so you can feel some pits on it, while the candy apple and blue is just flat surface with the graphics layered on top, so you can feel some bumps.

http://ibanez.com/accessories/spec.asp?m=114&z=y
http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/picks/products/nylon/index.html
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Jun 16, 2006,
I use Dunlop Stubbys, in 1mm & 2mm, they're very similar to the Jazz, and I like them alot.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
what do you think about dunlop stubby 3.0 s
they r really hard to get used to though
^Too thick, I would think.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
I use the Big Stubby (2mm) almost exclusively, it's great for shredding (and just about everything else)
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
right now I'm playing the green dunlop tortex jazz III's. I still use dunlop tortex 2mms sometimes though, depends on teh tone I want. if I want al otu shred then the tortex, if I wnat somethign mroe jazzy, and a bit more mellow I pull out my gator.
dunlop tortex sharp....73 mm...the yellow ones...amazing for shredding
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by utsapp89
I get 10 more NPS with teh jazz pix.

i use gator grips, 1.5mm, but I'm starting to get pissed off with them. The time it takes the friction-y covering (talc?) to wear off can be measured in nanoseconds. And they get serrated pretty quickly too. I mean, if I do a few pickscrapes, I can wear one out in a day. Grr.

So no help, then, just an advisement to avoid one...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well i used to use tortex 1.14 purples for a whiel, but i just stoel a 12 pack or 1.5 blue gator pix and i dunno, they feel a bit too heavey for me, i cant tremolo pick as well. i think ill ahve to go back to 1.14's they alst me pretty long too
Quote by Dave_Mc

i use gator grips, 1.5mm, but I'm starting to get pissed off with them. The time it takes the friction-y covering (talc?) to wear off can be measured in nanoseconds. And they get serrated pretty quickly too. I mean, if I do a few pickscrapes, I can wear one out in a day. Grr.

So no help, then, just an advisement to avoid one...

that is true wears off super fast
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar