Hi blues and Jazz fans i have just been getting into blues and jazz although i haven't head very much and don't know any bands. I have have heard BB king is very good, the same with Candy duffer any suggestions are much appreciated.

p.s the most bluesy thing i listen to at the moment is Jimi Hendrix
my gear
Cube 30
sammick strat rip off
schecter C-1 classic diamond series
Peavey JSX combo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A.G.E > grunge
Robert lockwood, albert king, and everything Mr chainsaw said.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
For some more rockin' blues (well, rockabilly, its the halfway point between blues and rock), check out the Stray Cats.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
Robben Ford for bluesy jazz
Rory glallagher for blues-rock
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
If your big on Hendrix, check out Stevie Ray Vaughan for sure.

And if your diggin' Stevie, check out artists such as Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Chris Duarte, Indigenous, Jonny Lang, etc.

And you cant forget about Freddie King, Albert Collins, and Robert Cray either.

Jazz wise, dont leave out John Coltrane or Charlie Parker.

If your looking for a more bluesy, yet soulful touch, check out any of the wonderfull artists that were on the Stax record label in the '60s and '70s. Such as Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Sam & Dave, William Bell (the originater of Born Under a Bad Sign, for all you Albert King fans), and Johnnie Taylor.

And if your interested in acoustic blues, first I suggest getting into the old and original stuff, but if your looking for a more modern touch, check out Keb' Mo' for sure as well.

Ok, have fun.
Last edited by WyldeGibsonPlyr at Jun 16, 2006,
Bird!
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, John Lee Hooker, Albert King, BB King, and Freddie King are some great electric guys to listen to.

For some acoustic blues check out Robert Johnson, Charlie Patton, Bukka White, David "Honeyboy" Edwards, Son House, etc.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
This is probably going out on a bit too much of a limb, but Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band are fairly blues and jazz influenced.
For some techno-acid-free-psychadelic jazz stuff, check out some of Frank Zappa's stuff. Some of his stuff is straight rock, but stuff like Jazz From Hell and other albums from that era are technacifreepsychjazz.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.