Does anyone have a good jazz song recomendation which i can find good tabs for online? I am trying to learn some jazz and i thought the best way is to see how others are composed. Thanks
All the things you are
Autumn leaves
Black orpheus
Blue bossa
Body and soul

That should get you started Also, I suggest learning to form chords and read sheet music You can also buy a real book, they have hundreds of jazz songs in them!
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
^2nded on the real book.
Also, if you want a challenge, trying looking for the Charlie Parker Omnibook, the C instrument edition. It's got loads of his solos, very nice for analyzing and just seeing what he was doing inside the chord changes.
Member #4 of the "I have parents over 50 and i'm a teen" club, pm tanglewoodguit to join.
Summertime
UG Blues Mafia
Founding Members: Forklifterer, Steve Cropper, Crzyrckgtrst28, and TNfootballfan62

Member of the Anti-Whammy-Bar-Solo Club
Last edited by Steve Cropper at Jun 16, 2006,
Buy this book: The Real Book (16USD)

Has almost every major jazz tune for $16, and forces you to read sheet music (=good)

Or just learn this song: Take Five - Dave Brubeck It's in 5/4 with the key signature Gb, it is super badass. I'm not sure if the tab is really accurate, I just skimmed it.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
yeah, if you wanna play jazz, get the real book, learn to read music and comp chords. Also, you should probably record yourself comping the cords so you can solo over them. Just take it Freddy Greene stlye for now (straight up quarter notes).
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

I just submitted a Jazz chord lesson. I have a rough copy of it in UG Contribution right now. Look over that. It doesn't have any song reccomendations, but I do mention the "Real Book" in the newer copy. I second that.