hi everyone.. i played so far 1 years acoustic guitar..
and now i'm in a "serious" problem:P
I really like bass and electric guitar and i dont know what to choose..
may you help me?
i play all types of music..
what should i choose?
I am my Father's son
He's a phantom, a mystery and that leaves me
NOTHING
!

Member #24 of the Pink Floyd fan club.PM TimiHendrex33 to join
you are going to get a biased answer for this. I'd go with bass, because you already have a guitar, but whatever you get, get a bass amp, bercause guitar works with bass amp, but not bass with guitar amp.
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
you are going to get a biased answer for this. I'd go with bass, because you already have a guitar, but whatever you get, get a bass amp, bercause guitar works with bass amp, but not bass with guitar amp.

+1

If you ask this question in the bass forum than you'll probably be told by the majority of us to pick up a bass because most of us here are bass players and vice versa in the guitar forum or guitar and bass basics...

And I totally agree on the getting a bass amp rather than guitar amp for both instruments, if you ever decide to pick up an electric guitar and bass, or decide to install a pickup onto you're acoustic to make it an acoustic electric (like I did) you'd be best off with a bass amp because it works well both ways...IMO lower end bass amps sound much better and clearer with guitars than lower end guitar amps sound with guitars...Sure you wont have built-in distortion but thats why there are fx pedals...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jun 16, 2006,
Yeah definately get a bass amp if you're gonna be getting one amp, because then when you end up with a bass and a guitar (and from the sounds of it you'll end up with both when you can afford it!) it'll be fine for both.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
just go with whatever you feel more comfortable with. Just remember though, ur more likely to get into a band ANYWHERE if ur a bassist, due to the natural overabundance of guitarists

Amen... when you first start out, the general trend is for guitarists to be looking for bassists. I have been rarely asked by friends "Oh, I'm starting a band and I'm looking for a guitarist".