i am looking to buy and orange crush 30R combo amp

has anyone else got one and if so are they loud??

do they have good qualtiy and what sorta styles do they suit???

i like to play sorta rock but also things like RHCP the strokes allsorts really iron maiden i want somthing that will fair me well in the future mabye even to gig with if i get better???

so wot ya reckon????
My friend had an Orange amp for a while and hated it. Beyond that, I'm no help. "Try before you buy" is the best tip anyone can give you about gear.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
My friend had an Orange amp for a while and hated it. Beyond that, I'm no help. "Try before you buy" is the best tip anyone can give you about gear.

thats kool so wot could you reccomend as a good fairly good sized combo amp????

i am english and i dont really wanna pay astronomicasl prices but im not fussed really so any ideas anyone???
nah my friend has an orange crush 30watter and it really sucks. You wont be able to get a nice distorted tone outta it and its pretty damn quiet for 30watts.
*Blah blah blah my soul to take*
Orange Crushes are ok for solid states, but Orange's valve amps are great.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah, the Crush range are all solid state. I love my Crush 10!

But the main thing is, yes, they are LOUD.

You have to try before you buy; they aren't everyone's cup of tea.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Ive heard orange amps have the fender clean with the marshall distortion, but I never believe what people tell me.

Try to find the valve amps. The Solid state ones are only decent. ALWAYS try before you buy and ask if there is a way to upgrade the tubes.
Basically, if it doesn't say "Orange Crush" then it's all-Valve.

Orange aren't, say, Line6. They don't make amps that try to sound like other amps.

If you like Orange tone, then buy an Orange. If not, then don't.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
If you're wanting an amp in the price range of an Orange Crush, then look at some Vox Valvetronixes.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
they have an ok clean but crappy distortion and are quiet.. if your looking for heavy distortion id say try out a spider 2. They are pretty loud too but loads of people claim they sound really cheap, but they are better than the crush series in my opinion.
*Blah blah blah my soul to take*
Id definately recommend a Vox, specifically the AD50VT. The distortion varies depending on the "amp" style you use, but the choises you get are amazing. Its not all-tube amp, but its pretty damn close. I do not, however, recommend the Spider II. Line 6 has a reputation of sounding like sh!t, and seeing as i love both RHCP and The strokes, I'd assume we have similar tastes. But yeah, definately try before you buy.
^ +1 to the vox AD.

what's your price range?
i'd check out laney amps.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I also recommend the vox valvetronix series.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I second Laneys. They have a very nice distortion and better than average cleans. Look at the L-Series Combos, perhaps.

EDIT: Maybe try the TT50 combo or the VC30 combo...?
Last edited by jimmy_fowler at Jun 16, 2006,