If you've seen Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster, what is the bass that the dude from Kyuss uses when they're auditioning bass players?
Quote by Chungavelli
You've just signed your ass over to me.

And i'm slightly gay at the moment.

Make Poverty History? No.
Britain has a bigger problem, you know them well.
MAKE CHAVS HISTORY
Britain deserves better!
PM Draken to join
He's called Scott Reeder. I haven't seen it, but he pretty much always uses a Rickenbacker 4003 or a pretty unusual old Ibanez - which is probably the one you're talking about.
Attachments:
kyuss10.jpg
Last edited by smb at Jun 17, 2006,
Thats an Ibanez ATK 300. i wanted the 405 (5 string version, with another pickup) but they stopped making them when i went to order it.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Ah that's it - couldn't remember the model number. I love the tone Reeder gets (hell, and the way he plays) but that's probably as much the amps as anything else.
Quote by smb
Ah that's it - couldn't remember the model number. I love the tone Reeder gets (hell, and the way he plays) but that's probably as much the amps as anything else.

You do get a decent tone from the Bass itself- the pickup in the bridge gives out a sound comparable with a musicman if you get your settings right.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Yeh, it basically sounds like a Stingray on the Bizarre '95 vids. It would be a catch in a pawnshop, but you don't often see them second hand.