Page 1 of 4
OK, i'm back, with yet another one of my 1337p00nZ threads. And since greety hasn't got back to me, i'll go about presuming that this is OK.

Basic idea is to guess the song played using a soundclip that the player submits.

TEH RULEZORZ.

1. Only use a single-layer of soundclip, only exception is when there is harmonisation.

2. You can use either of the following methods:

a) Recording with your own equipment.
b) Exporting MIDI files from Guitar Pro or Powertab.

3. Use a reasonable amount of the song, no 2 minute long clips or anything, try to keep them to a max of 20 seconds.

4. NO soundclips from the song itself.

5. No more than one guess per post.

6. Genre and Tuning upon submission.

Thats all I can think of for now, will be updated when new issues arise.

Methods

If you're recording a part yourself, export your soundfile as an mp3. If, like me, you're using a tablature program, either type up the part yourself, or copy and paste a section of another GP/PTB file and paste it into a new GP/PTB file, then export as MIDI.

For those of you thinking "ZOMGNOES I CNT DO ANY O DEM!!", fear not. Powertab, as mentioned above is a free piece of software, so anyone can get it and use it.

After creating your soundfile, you need to upload it to a Host. I personally use putfile.com, but anything that does the job is fine. To submit it here, just simply copy and paste the URL in your post.

Extra Note: DO NOT name your file after the song or band, it's common sense but i thought i'd best mention it because some people are that damn stupid. I'm using dirty words personally.

If you have anymore queries, just PM moi.

TEH OOBAH L33DARBORD OV DEFF LOL

For the first 4 pages (40 posts per page) we will do the singles leaderboard solely. After that, teams will be decided based on the point distribution.

P.S. Credit for the original goes to Rox0r713 for his Pit thread.

Now that we gots all dat Crap outta the way. Lets Start.

http://media.putfile.com/Arse-77

Something easy to kick us off.

Death Metal. D Standard.

LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Last edited by Dyer's Eve at Jun 16, 2006,
If thats The Pit one. Yeah, I know. But if I remember, that one didn't offer the option for using tablature programs.

But if you wanted credit, you should've just asked...
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
wow, i love how it's all organized neatly Rox0r713. sounds great
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by Dyer's Eve
If thats The Pit one. Yeah, I know. But if I remember, that one didn't offer the option for using tablature programs.

But if you wanted credit, you should've just asked...

No, it didn't.

Thanks for the credit. I was just pointing it out, don't think I was trying to be an ass. >.> Ok, I kind of was, but I'm very tired.

Anyways, hope this one lasts longer than mine did. O.O

Anyway, if we can get this on track... If anyone else have any freakin' problems, PM me, goddamnit.

It seems Vader-ish...

EDIT: Heh, cheers man, s'all good.
LAMMERGEIER
Necrodemon - Necromancer's Lair?
LAMMERGEIER
Der... Labyrinth
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
No to both of ya...

This band is well known, and Spynal, you just made a thread with a pic of a guitar your mate made for the band's well known guitarist...
Quote by -Alek-
No to both of ya...

This band is well known, and Spynal, you just made a thread with a pic of a guitar your mate made for the band's well known guitarist...

Well that tells me what band it is, too bad I don't know any of their stuff
Morbid Angel - Maze of Torment?
LAMMERGEIER
B Standard on a Six-String.
LAMMERGEIER
Quote by Rakoro
B as in down to B or B as in 7 string B?

B as in there's pretty much the same fucking thing, DERF
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
B as in there's pretty much the same fucking thing, DERF

oops , I don't know gothic metal anyways, I'm just bored
We could modify this a bit DE, theres a program called Audacity that lets you cut songs, its free and easy to use. It might work a little better instead of converting to midi like this, and it would speen things up. I dled the program a while back because i wanted to play stairway to heaven backwards.
I know, I have it. If you want to record the riff/motif yourself thats all fine.

But it kind of defies the point just cutting from songs. Makes things more obvious.

And you guys obviously need a hint....

LAMMERGEIER
Hmm...it doesn't sound like Type O Negative...but yet it does...and it's a bit to upbeat to be Lacuna Coil...

My guess would be Type O Negative due to the tuning...I'm probably wrong though...
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
O.o

Think about the clue mer.... you're nearly there...
LAMMERGEIER
Christian Woman by Type O Negative...
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
*FF7 Victory Music*
LAMMERGEIER
I take it you have to register on putfile.com to upload files...okay..give me a minute..

Okay...it says it won't upload because it's not the correct file type. I'm guessing it needs to be converted from power tab to something else and I have no clue how to do that...anybody think they can help?
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
Last edited by mer_der_noms at Jun 16, 2006,
Go file > Export > MIDI

You only want a small part on a single layer of the tab, so copy a section and paste it into a new powertab file. Then follow above instruction.
LAMMERGEIER
Okay..I do believe I have it figured out so here it is...clicky teh linky

Grind Standard Tuning
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
I'm not very well versed in Grind, so Napalm Death?
LAMMERGEIER
Hmm...

Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
Necessary Evil?
LAMMERGEIER
Hit the nail on the head!

How obvious was it?
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

Quote by rocknrollstar

Im guessing anus.
Right Band. Wrong Track.
LAMMERGEIER
Bingo Baby.
LAMMERGEIER
Page 1 of 4