My friend and I were talking about my gibson copy yesterday and he said that the guitars from the brand of which I bought my guitar from were made of plywood.

I really like the sound of my guitar and I just want to know for sure if it is plywood or not(and it sounds gooood it cant be plywood!). Anyway, I just cant sleep at night not knowing what kind of wood it is. Is there a way to tell without taking the paint off?
Throw it into a river, if it sinks, it's a gibson, if it floats, you've got yourself a plywood
well, in my limited experience, plywood guitars don't make a sound if you give them a light "tick" against the body somewhere (like above or behind the bridge somewhere) and solidwood bodies do... but probably this is not a very trustful way to find out...
Honestly, who cares what the wood is if you think it sounds good?
Hi, I'm Peter
^I just cant sleep at night if I don't know

Quote by gaylord
Throw it into a river, if it sinks, it's a gibson, if it floats, you've got yourself a plywood

No.

whats is your guitar brand?[/quote
It's a local brand called RJ

Quote by JorisBlack
well, in my limited experience, plywood guitars don't make a sound if you give them a light "tick" against the body somewhere (like above or behind the bridge somewhere) and solidwood bodies do... but probably this is not a very trustful way to find out...

It made a sound.
He stuck that info in the first quote in his last post. Doesn't help much.

Guess the only way to know is to sand the finish off and see if there's grain
Hi, I'm Peter
How much did you pay for it... It probably is ply wood..
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator