As said in the topic title I have no idea if I'm asking in the right place but I may aswell give it a go instead of holding back from posting anywhere. I have been playing guitar for a year and a half (almost exactly a year and a half) but my practise is really going down the drains the last few months unfortunately so I'm not getting any better. So I'm going in for a music course at college (as well as music being one of the only things I want to do really) as I think it will help and music is my life :S. So I discussed with my guitar tutor what 2 songs I have to play for my interview. The letter I got from the college says I'll have to audition with 2 contrasting pieces of music. I know I'll get in anyhoo as I've seen people busting a simple all powerchord green day song out and stuff and getting in. So my guitar tutor and I decided to get to work on (after much thinking) "is there anybody out there" by pink floyd and "pull harder on the strings on your martyr" by trivium. I can play all of the pink floyd song anyways so that wasn't a problem and showed I knew classic chord shapes and finger picking. The trivium song was picked because it shows I can do deminished runs, hammer ons/pull offs, fiths, palm muting, octaves and so on. Still can't play all the trivium song though but I'm working on it (some bits I find difficult for my current skill level) but long story short I'm definetely going ot need a backing track for pull harder. Any idea where to get one from? Sorry about this long topic for nothing I do drag on :S. Also do you think the 2 songs will be accepted as contrasting pieces of music?
Basically the song without heafys guitar in it. So i can use it as a backing for my interview.
Perhaps www.guitarbt.com

You can also try to find the guitarpro or powertab file for it and set the guitar volume on 0
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje
http://rookie0ne.dmusic.com/ <first song there. i'm not familiar with the song, so i dont know how its supposed to sound, but in the b.t. at that site there is no solo in it so hopefully that's what you are looking for.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Thanks for the help but that track seems to be a melody between two of their songs. Thanks anyways. It'll probably be alright if I bring the CD and just play over the studio recording.