More specifically, the Floyd Rose SpeedLoader.

Is it a good trem? Reliable? Usable?

Not worth the effort?

Discuss.
it seems alright considering that you dont need to spend time stretching your strings out but seriously thats about it also the fact that your tuners now become useless is bull so my opinion is that its great for floyd rose guitars and thats it
I personally wouldn't like to pay nearly £10 a pop for dean markley strings.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
hmm..... dont you also need those specific strings if your going to be in drop d or lower tunings aswell
without trying to sound stupid... why do you need to use dean markley strings?
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by hairball
without trying to sound stupid... why do you need to use dean markley strings?

because they are specially made to fit the floyd rose speedloader trem
Hmmm, what i think, more gadgets involve in tuning and all are concentrated at the bridge, not good, as some parts may fly around and the whole thing will be messed up. More parts = more trouble. Plus the special string, meh, i'd stick to the old Floyd. I like it simple and i dont mind working long minutes to set it up.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by madpickin03
Hmmm, what i think, more gadgets involve in tuning and all are concentrated at the bridge, not good, as some parts may fly around and the whole thing will be messed up. More parts = more trouble. Plus the special string, meh, i'd stick to the old Floyd. I like it simple and i dont mind working long minutes to set it up.

yep thats why i like to work the old shoddy trems, because it gives me a chance to have ****loads of patience also understand why some parts break
Quote by power freak
I personally wouldn't like to pay nearly £10 a pop for dean markley strings.

I think the thing that worries me most is the fact that if those strings stop being made available (and they will if not enough people own speedloaders or buy them) then your trem is basically worthless...

I dunno, you could maybe buy like 1000 packets to stockpile them or something...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?