I went about painting my Ibanez RG white (after sanding..etc) with Enamel paint. However, when I was finished, the guitar did not shine as I had expected. I also tried clear coating over that but it still did not shine.

My dad offered to take me to Home Depot (USA local hardware/paint store) today after work to get "the right" paint.

I am unsure of what kind of paint to buy. If you haven't figured already, i'm painting white, and I want a paint that will shine, glow, etc.

Please don't ask questions about whatever or suggest something else. I'm just looking for the right kind of paint because 'enamel' did not work.

Did you get a Gloss white paint?

Because that's what you want. Gloss.

Not Matte.

After that, it's all clear coat and buffing.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by SG thrasher
White GLOSS.

...probably.

The enamel I bought was GLOSS White -_- it's alot more like DULL White.

White Gloss what? Enamel/Laquer/etc.
ive heard to use car spray paint and clear gloss finish
Quote by Adam_G
I think it's appropriate for you to walk outside and get some sunlight and maybe a life

Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl annoying me on the bus.
Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"
Her:"What??! Noo!"
Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."
you will have to lacquer, lacquer,lacquer,lacquer,lacquer,lacquer,lacquer, Lacquer.
A couple of coats will do it.
Quote by slashnmash
Laquer and buffing usally gives the shine.

Is laquer a spray-on?

and

I've heard auto paint was good too.
Quote by unclemoe
you will have to lacquer, lacquer,lacquer,lacquer,lacquer,lacquer,lacquer, Lacquer.
A couple of coats will do it.

do what he said. except minus the "couple" you need a lot. then sand it. after that, anything will shine.
acrylic shines pretty good, But enamel is fine just clear coat the sh*t out of it and wet sand it. Then buff it.
If you want to do it properly i'd get some cans of nitro cellulose lacquer from here http://home.flash.net/~guitars/ those paints will give you and nicer looking and more durable finish. Have a read around the site there is alot of good info on finishing.

Buffing will give you a nice shiny finish.