Ive recently bought the Gibson SG Special Faded. Ive discoverd that the bridge pickup is noticably high. Is the guitar meant to be this way?
you can just fix that by tightening the screws a little... but make sure you dont lower them too much or the sound isnt picked up right
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
you can just fix that by tightening the screws a little... but make sure you dont lower them too much or the sound isnt picked up right

Exactly, tighten the two screws that stick out at the side of the pickups and make sure they're not too deep down
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
First, nice choice on the guitar. I won a Gibson SG SPecial in Ebony and I love it. And yeah my bridge pickup is noticeably higher than my neck pickup. You can adjust the pickup heights to whatever you wish as long as you don't go too close or too far. Doing either of those will mess up your sound either making it too quiet (too far) or just plain horrible and out of tune (too close). If you're happy with the sound and the pickup height isn't messing up your playing then you're golden.
Gibson SG Special Ebony
Epiphone Sheraton w/ Seymour Duncan JB and SH-1 '59
Fender 1985 Made in Japan Stratocaster
Ibanez S470 DXQM Charcoal Brown
Simon Patrick CW Spruce Top Acoustic
i got an sg standard, and the pickup is extremely high, however, i doesnt matter, it wont make anything better or worse, i just left it there, and it sounds great.
I always say to people that if you've got the spare cash when you get a new guitar take it to a well known guitar shop and get a pro set up. Talk to the people behind the desk and tell them what you want to do with your guitar then once you get it back it'll be pretty sweet.