Hey there guys. Im looking to get a Jackson RR3, but dont really know how good everything is. I tryed the 05' verisons and liked it. The playability was great, and looks really cool. I hated the trem though, and the pick-ups could have been better. I was originally going to get a LTD DV8-R but changed my mind. I really want something with a good tremolo and some killer looks. Is the RR3 06' better than the 05? and if so, how? Also, if you know any other guitars on www.musiciansfriend.com for around $800 let me know, BUT it MUST have a GOOD trem! I have a Epiphone Les Paul Custom Ltd.Edition Midnight, and looking for something around the same quality, or even better.
I got an RR3 in march and i really like it. After adjusting it a bit my trem and action were both fine. The pickups aren't that bad but if i got more serious i'd probably replace them .
At first i didn't really like it but the guitar warmed to me
Overall, good guitar
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
ive been looking at getting an rr3 or an epiphone goth v...but i also have been lookin at this http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-M200FM-Electric-Guitar?sku=516679 it seems to be a good buy for the price and it has a good trem from the reviews on it...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
RG1570, prepare for the flood of reccomendations. Excellent trem and great neck.
Quote by Dudemandude
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DXMB-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512239

That looks nice, good pups too. But how is the trem? Anyone know?

When it says LICENSED, that usually means it's bound to suck, and those types of trems are either a hit or a miss.

Nothing beats trying it yourself though.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
ive played the 05' rr3 lots and trust me, the 06' sounds and looks better
"We could only wonder what he would have accomplished is his life hadn't ended so early"

----Randy Rhoads----
ESP LTD MH-400 M-400
Ibanez- Rg1570 RG1527 (check out 7 strings) S470 S520
Jackson- Dinky, Warrior, Kelly, RR3
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by PunishedOne
When it says LICENSED, that usually means it's bound to suck, and those types of trems are either a hit or a miss.

Nothing beats trying it yourself though.

Totally untrue about the Licensed part. The Ibanez Edge Pro is a Licensed Floyd Rose, but is as good or even better than the Floyd Rose. If your price range is about $800, then I would recommend the Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR since it is supposedly one of their best guitars.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Get it, trust me I have one. Trem is great it's a bit crappy and unsmooth with 9-42s on it but I put some 9-50s on that sucker to increase tension so the springs are tigher and the trem's comparable to a freaking ZR trem.
Get the new '06 RR3. They updated from those Duncan Designed pickups to real Seymour Duncan pickups (JB in bridge & Jazz in neck, their best combo!) Of course it's a little more expensive, but it's better than the old RR3.
Quote by SGStrummer61
Totally untrue about the Licensed part. The Ibanez Edge Pro is a Licensed Floyd Rose, but is as good or even better than the Floyd Rose. If your price range is about $800, then I would recommend the Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR since it is supposedly one of their best guitars.

I was talking about axes with a licensed FR in the price range of the MH-50.

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mh.html

http://www.music123.com/ESP-MH50-Electric-Guitar-i98147.music
Roland Micro Cube

Last edited by PunishedOne at Jun 16, 2006,
jackson's licensed FR trems are pretty good i think, but trems on cheap guitars usually suck and jackson don't have very many cheap guitars.
Quote by metallicafan180
and jackson don't have very many cheap guitars.

Their entire JS line is junk. Seriously. Starting from the DXMG, that's when Jackson is known for their name.
Roland Micro Cube

Quote by PunishedOne
Their entire JS line is junk. Seriously. Starting from the DXMG, that's when Jackson is known for their name.

That just becuase thats the guitar you own?

A guitar that comes with HZs is not a guitar for me
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I love my '05 RR3. The trem is good I didn't tune it for 2 weeks and I just checked it and it was just barely flat. The pickups were too bassy for me so I've ordered a Bill Lawrence set for it, I can't wait until the come it. It is seriously the nicest guitar I've played for its price. I also have a Dinky and a lot of people love it(sexual innuendo). I've tried a KE3 too or if you want a V the King V is good.
Last edited by FFFDFEFRFKFFF at Jun 16, 2006,
Quote by ClassicAxe
That just becuase thats the guitar you own?

A guitar that comes with HZs is not a guitar for me

Dude, I own a DKMG, not a DXMG.
Roland Micro Cube