i have a problem atm which is i am becoming not bad at guitarin but feel im not gettin the right tone out of my amp to give me the confidence to progress i have a 100dfx and i know you all hate it and i am goin to throw it out when i get enough for the 150vt halfstack but until then i was wondering where a Line 6 POD Xt or a Korg Ax3000g will make it bearable until then i was thinking of maybe unplugging the amp from the speaker and pluggin the XT straight into the Speaker but i know the speaker is **** so i dont know how well this will work some advice would be greatly appreciated btw i have an Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty
Why not get a better amp if you're not satisfied.
You could sell the MG, and use that money aswell as the money to get a POD or Korg to buy a nice used valve combo.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
He's saving up for an AVT... which isnt much better than an MG.
someone educate this guy before he destroys his tone
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
well i wanted a TSL 100 stack but they too expensive wot half stack or 100 wt amp would you recommend for under £500 and the AVT has good reviews
Do not buy the AVT stack. It is just an MG with a tube in the preamp. Barely any better. For that much you could get a tube combo which is going to be ridiculously better. For now, just run the POD into the effects in of the MG. That will bypass the MG preamp.
run your pod through your mg, use its effects loop if it has one. If it doesnt you can connect it in the input, then flat out your EQ (all 12 oclock), and mess around with teh settings on the POD. An AVT isnt much of an upgrade, and a halfstack is overkill. If you are short on cash, dont just go buy a crappy, louder amp. Save for a good one, for now, use the POD to your best advantage, you can really spruce up your sound with it.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by ark
run your pod through your mg, use its effects loop if it has one. If it doesnt you can connect it in the input, then flat out your EQ (all 12 oclock), and mess around with teh settings on the POD. An AVT isnt much of an upgrade, and a halfstack is overkill. If you are short on cash, dont just go buy a crappy, louder amp. Save for a good one, for now, use the POD to your best advantage, you can really spruce up your sound with it.

Isn't a flat EQ 0 bass, 10 mid, 0 treble? I am pretty srue that is what it is.
it has FX send and return is that wot u mean and wot would the outcome of running the ax3000g into my amp would it be terrible
ok thanks alot guys esp ark for his words of wisdom i shall now ask my dad to buy me a Line 6 POD XT and run in into my MG100dfx effects loop and see if i can FINALLY get some good tone through it (fingers crossed)
btw i meant the AVT150 half stack earlier my mistake and is this any good cause its onli like £500 ent it
Quote by bobman20
btw i meant the AVT150 half stack earlier my mistake and is this any good cause its onli like £500 ent it

Don't buy that. Like I said in an earlier post, they aren't very good. For the money you are paying for that, you coudl go all tube. It is barely better than an MG. Don't make the mistake. I almost did the same thing a while ago. I was like "whoa a marshall!"
someone help me. I've got two amp heads in mind and im not too sure which to go for. The line6 hd 147, which ive heard quite a few people bad mouthing it and complaining about the tone from the amp and that it's ****, but i happen to think modelling amps are great and there only gonna get bigger. But anyways the line6 hd 147 or the laney vh100r. i'm very keen on both heads but it's gotta be one of them, or any other that anyones willing to suggest. cheers.
Quote by tawermeister
someone help me. I've got two amp heads in mind and im not too sure which to go for. The line6 hd 147, which ive heard quite a few people bad mouthing it and complaining about the tone from the amp and that it's ****, but i happen to think modelling amps are great and there only gonna get bigger. But anyways the line6 hd 147 or the laney vh100r. i'm very keen on both heads but it's gotta be one of them, or any other that anyones willing to suggest. cheers.

Laney out of those 2 amps.
Quote by tawermeister

i've never tried either, but I would go with laney although on harmony central they seem to like the line 6 for some heavy stuff. if you HAVE to spend as little as possible go with it.

but i think the Laney would be better.

thing is: all you will have to compare to is an MG so they'd both sound greta compared to it. BUT if you got the laney you'd save money in the long run.
You should probably get a new amp, if you've got £500, you've got quite a selection.

You could get a Marshall DSL401, Laney VC/LC30, a used Vox AC30cc, some Fenders (hot rod series...) and loads more, and you'll get a waaaay better tone out of them than you would w/ a POD and an MG.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
but i hate laneys and the Vox dont come with footswitches do they and the DSL series is nothing compared to the TSL which i reli want but i shall consider my options
Quote by jmac72187
Isn't a flat EQ 0 bass, 10 mid, 0 treble? I am pretty srue that is what it is.

No, its not.

Flat EQ would be everything at five..How would a huge wave be flat?
How about the TSL601 because if i save up a bit more then i could buy this but is it a good amp to go to next i want it to be loud and good tone and with 6 valves i hope it is
ahh wots the difference between the TSL601 and TSL602 is there a big difference because the price difference isnt that much
if i can sell my 100dfx for like 175-200 then i need about 400 to buy the Marshall TSL601 but that wont be till christmas probably so for my birthday i shall ask for the Line 6 POD XT and use that until christmas and then either keep the POD or sell it with my 100dfx but reading the reviews of the Pod XT i shall probs keep it and maybe just use it with my vs30r as a backup at gigs or if i blow a valve or somethings THANK YOU EVERYONE
Quote by TheFluffy
No, its not.

Flat EQ would be everything at five..How would a huge wave be flat?

I didn't understand it either, I had just read that somewhere. Prob in a thread here or something.