i was just wondering if being able to stretch from the 1st fret to the 7th fret on the low E and do hammer-ons and pull-offs is considered a large stretch or if i should work on trying to make it another fret....even though i guess it would never be necessary to stretch that far i dont know if i should work on my fingers in that aspect more.
damn first to seventh is a big stretch. I have big hand and i can only do 5 cleanly unless its higher on the fretboard.
Quote by steveclark1212
from 1st to seventh is kinda easy like its not hard to do

What? you must be kidding, i can barely get from 1st to 6th!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
If it's comfortable for you then keep working on it. If you are getting a clear sound from the hammer on then keep practicing but if not then try a closer fret and work your way up.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
ok so steve up there is full of sh!t then and seventh is fairly good?
As long as it's comfortable for you. I would reccomend starting on a closer fret and building up the strength in your pinky to get a strong hammer on. The seventh fret is quite a far stretch, especially if you are standing up. The seventh is good but I think it would be better to start out on a smaller stretch.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
ok thanks much...i'd also like to ask if there are any good exercises to help build pinky strength as well?